1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lifesize Black Bear

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Mitrooper27, Dec 19, 2012.

1. I usually don't post many pictures as my computer skills leave something to be desired. Here is a black bear that I just finished. I started by altering a Mckenzie from and adding a change out head. The original head position was down with the mouth just kind of hanging open. I tried for a little more attitude. Customer was happy but any thoughts welcome. Mark

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. phoenix-cry

phoenix-cry Active Member

Wow! It's spectacular!

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Mark, that looks very good.

4. Looks great.

5. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

i like it also...the rolling head makes the mount have action....great job

6. coyote4

coyote4 Member

VERY nice mount!

7. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

Great action great job. Just a question the inside of the mouth looks like it's finished matt instead of gloss or wet look. Might just be the picture.

8. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Definitely looks very good. I like the lift and roll of the head along with the open mouth. Well done!

9. You are correct its more of a matte finish than high gloss. The tounge although you can't see it in the pic was glossed over with high gloss modge podge I have done both and I know that high gloss is probably the norm. I took my son to the zoo and as I watched the bears open their mouths they looked more dry than wet, that was kind of my insipration.

10. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Looks great but I would of dyed the flanks.

11. James,

Your 100% I didnt notice until I veiwed the pictures. The flash makes them stand out alot more. Under normal light they look fine but I will dye them next time to be on the safe side. Thanks for the critique. Mark

12. Nice !! You nailed the Attitude thing!

13. X2 You did a spectacular job!

14. nice job , well done

15. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

What a great-looking bear! Love the expression and overall pose. Stunning!

16. Very,very good job Mark.

17. Matt

Matt Active Member

Very nice, love the expression! You definately added some attitude, nice work!

18. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member