1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

3 day bird class with Scott Olsen in Alabama

Discussion in 'Training' started by Southern_Trophy, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Southern_Trophy

Southern_Trophy USMC O.I.F. Veteran OohRah!

Scott Olsen will be at my shop in Dadeville Alabama after Christmas teaching bird taxidermy. The classes are hands on and the cost is $500 for 3 days. You will be doing the work yourself and will leave with some nice pieces for your show room. All supplies will be provided. I learned from Scott and it was well worth the investment. We will only be taking the first 5 students who sign up over the two weeks that he will be here, in order to give the one on one instruction that is nessissary to learn proficiently throught the time you will be here. My shop is located 30 miles from Auburn AL, an hour from Columbus GA, an hour from Montgomery Al, and about an hour and a half from Birmingham. For more info or to register for a class, call me at 256-749-5975.

2. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

Damn...I will be in Alabama then in Montgomery actally but I will be busy working at a buddies shop helping him catch up on some African stuff he's backed up on...I have magic sewing skills ;)

That's a good deal...wish I could make it.

3. Southern_Trophy

I'm sure we could work it into your schedule. We have been known to work together until 3am! You could do a few hours every evening or shrink it down to 2 days if needed. Call me and we can work something out.

4. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

I won't have a vehicle...but I do get some of my finest work done at 3 am...alas I will have to be up @ 5 am to get started working. Just not enough hours in the day. I really wish we didn't have to sleep at all.

5. wayne70

wayne70 Member

I took a one day class with Scott in IL. I would do another if he was still around'

6. Southern_Trophy

I just talked to Scott and he has decided to stay an extra week until January 13th giving you more time to get in on his classes.

7. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I might be interested sometime, but never in January...deer season don't close here til Jan 31...and Feb 15 a few miles south of here.

8. Southern_Trophy

The class is only 3 days. You can get it done the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and get back in the woods for the start of the rut.

9. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I don't hunt...being absent form my shop for three days in the heat of the rut would cost me big $$$

10. NTR

NTR New Member

W.V.
    Sounds good. Whats the format, beginner, intermediate, professional, competition? Area hotels, restuarants or tents and bag lunch? Lol

11. Southern_Trophy

There is a hotel 2 miles from my shop. I would say the format would be for beginners, intermediate, and professional. Meals will be stuff like burgers on the grill, McDonnalds and pizza. All tools and supplies are provided. All you got to bring is a positive attitude and some birds. If you don't have birds, a trip can be made to get some mallards from the game farm or ill take you out to my duck lease and you can shoot your own.

12. Southern_Trophy

There are a few restaurants within a 5 minute drive of here that have really good food.

13. NTR

NTR New Member

W.V.
    A duck hunt and a bird mounting class....now THAT is an awesome deal!

14. Southern_Trophy

What dates do you want me to sign you up for then?

15. Southern_Trophy

There is still one spot open for the end of this week. First come, first serve.

16. NTR

NTR New Member

W.V.
    Bud if i wasn't building a new shop i grant you i'd jump on that deal.