1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Guest posting

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Auggie, Oct 5, 2006.

Should guests be able to post?

Poll closed Oct 8, 2006.
  1. Yes

28.6%
  2. No

71.4%
  1. Auggie

Auggie Startem young

This should get a few fired up!

2. fesekula

fesekula Active Member

Yes, I believe you should have to register to post. With no registering any peta freak can come on here and do has they please. Auggie, you are correct. I think this will be a fired up, feedback question. WASCO makes the rules here and they have the final say with a good reason on their end.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Why should that get anyone fired up. Cecil does enough of that and he's a registered member. And we all know what opinions are like. Besides, the only one that counts belongs to Ken Edwards.

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I believe a poll was done on this already and there was a lage vote cast for No Guest posting. It didn't change then and probably won't now. I cast my vote again anyway for your effort. As for Cecil, I read the above poll and the previous posts connected to it and I don't see what he has to do with it or why the negative nastiness had to be brought into the discussion.

5. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

personally, I think they should register.. It only takes a few moments and I don't really see what they are gaining by NOT registering..  it just seems kinda rude to be a "member Wannabe"

A few of the other forums I frequent allow guests to post, however it limits their post to 1 every 7 days or something... It encourages them to stop being lurkers!

Jon.

6. Barry

Barry Active Member

I agree they should register and WASCO should stop letting Collinscreations post until they stop ripping people off

7. fesekula

fesekula Active Member

The problem with kicking someone off this forum is they can just register under another name and email address.

8. Auggie

Auggie Startem young

Hey George you are right about Ken being the opinion that matters. But I have to agree with Sea wolf. What does Cecil have to do with this? Why the nasty stuff right away? Seems like you kinda like to needle some yourself. Nobody really cares if the two of you can't get along. Why don't we leave it at that and let this post be about what it was started for. Peoples opinion on guest posting.

9. George

Cecil has EVERYTHING to do with this post and if you two would stop schmoozing him so much, you'd see what a jerk gone wild looks like. Auggie, you started this dog and pony show with this remark: "This should get a few fired up." did you not??? He "never" calls anyone names, he "never starts" anything, yet you can bet he's there. So he's just like your poll. All I heard for years on the old forum was "we need registration" so we could control what went on. Well, you got the new forum and you're still pissing and moaning about issues you don't have one red cent invested in. ANYONE can sign up today, go to another computer on another ISP and sign up with a completely different name and profile. If I recall, all you had to do was "sign up" to offer your opinion and the guy who pays all the bills decided that he doesn't WANT a closed forum, Seawolf, you and Auggie are just like Cecil here in that you seem to think YOUR OPINION matters more than others, especially those who host this thing to begin with. Why would you be so presumptious to offer a "poll" on an issue not of your concern? To even ask this silly assed question AGAIN is disresectful and condescending in my opinion. When did the forums become a democracy?

BTW, can "guests" cast ballots?

10. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Since when did registering cost anything? ???

11. I say no to guest posting. If you want the complete benefits of this site like being able to post your thoughts or pictures, then become a member. It is kind of like being a member of an organization. You can't have any benefits unless you sign up.

Hey George, you think the NTA, or any state association for that matter, would allow "guests" to participate at a convention without signing up as members first? Of course not. If you want to participate to the fullest, become a member. :)

12. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

I also agree you should have to register to post anything for sale or wanted. There is a real good bunch of guy's and gal's on here who like to know who there dealing with. Just my opinion.

13. George

EVelyn, let me turn that around. Do you have to be an NTA member to get the benefit of TERF? I guess if we got the convention site, judges, seminars, and banquet free, we could let anyone come in.

14. rodlrock

rodlrock Mold Maker HQ Taxidermy Supply.

I think you should have to be a member, on the 3 yahoo groups I own You have to be a member to post At times spamers get in but they are baned in a day or so and there post are deleted.It works for me.Pat at the casting group runs his the same way.
    I changed my mind I should not have a vote I don't do Taxidermy.I make molds. I just like it here you guy are the best.

I am a Peta freak person!!!
    People Eating Tasty Animals

15. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

George,

No, guests cannot vote in polls.

16. Actually you don't even have to go to another ISP. A business computer with several different users can have all the users registered at the same terminal. Think about the businesses that have multiple employees who check the forums on a regular basis. Once registered, the member can access the forum from any computer, at work or abroad.

17. AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE

Sorry, but this has been around the block a few times. I did like the idea of one post per guest per week though. There are some guys that have been posting as guest because of login time, but even that has been covered by the "forever" login feature that Ken provides.

18. wabbitt

wabbitt Guest

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") ....
    Evil Guest Wabbit from Panama City Florida, feel safe??????

REDUNDANT REDUNDANT REDUNDANT REDUNDANT REDUNDANT REDUNDANT

19. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

stupid polls

20. E Fudd

E Fudd Guest

Looks like Ah need mah double barrel fo' this Wabbit!

Thuh good, thuh bad, and wheah is thuh ugly Wabbit?