1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1st Tattoo Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Hunting_24_7, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Hunting_24_7

Hunting_24_7 New Member

So I’ve never dipped into the tattoo world. And totally GREEN to when it comes to this. I’m 35 yrs old and it appears if you don’t have a tattoo at this age, you’re a minority….I’m under SERIOUS consideration of getting one, in honor of my family and my hobby. I have 3 daughters…so I’m totally surrounded in “pink camo”. I’m very gracious my daughter(s) and wife enjoy the outdoors. I’ve got a 10 yr old, 2 yr old & soon to be 1 yr old daughters. I want to get something “out-doorsy” that signifies my 3 daughters but I don't want it to be wrapped in doilies..so-to-speak...but I really have no clue what to get and don’t even know where to put it. Hoping I can lean on my fellow peers here to help me out with ideas and location.

So I ask you for your input, or if you are familiar with the Central MN area, I’m open to referrals if you know of an artist that could help me

Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions and input.

Attached Files:

2. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Id get something small for a 1st Tattoo, anyone that says it doesnt hurt is F.O.S. ;D I got a small tattoo on my forearm years ago and it wasnt that bad. I got a few more this year and the back s the worst! Here is a couple pics, I believe there is an old post floating around on outdoors tattoos on here as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is my latest, I am going to go back and have some color added later

[​IMG]

3. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Check out Tom Renshaw....in Troy Michagan
    http://www.tomrenshaw.com/gallery/wildlife/

He is the most incredible wildlife tattoo artist I have evern seen.

Mike

4. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

My advice is to not get one. If you've made it to 35 without a tattoo, I think you can survive from now on without one. I think they are tacky, a total waste of money, and often regretted. This is my own biased opinion.

5. tviper56

tviper56 Active Member

X2 Joey.....Don't!

6. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Over Christmas I saw this pretty young girl working as a cashier. She had a huge boat anchor on her chest ! WTH, You'd see something like that on Capt'n Jack Sparrow, not on a petite 20 something girl. I didn't get it. To each their own. I don't have any.

7. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Some people like them and some don't. Ive got 2 and my only advice is get them where you can easily cover them up.

8. Tattoos are the devil!

9. Hunting_24_7

Hunting_24_7 New Member

Yeah I have hummed & haaad about getting a tattoo for yrs. I must add I want something small that I can cover up as I have a high level office job as well. My kids will always be my kids and taxidermy will always be my passion...so something with my kids name or symbols would be more than ideal.

Thanks for input thus far.

10. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    Hell ya tats r cool. my first tattoo started in sept. still not finished. I am working a a full sleeve, got 10 hours in it so far As far as it hurting it ain't bad u just got to man up lol.

11. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

At 35 I'd expect you to be old enough to have outgrown the need to be "cool".

12. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

I vote to get it...just don't get one that looks like crap, do your homework and get a really good artist. Also never get something because you thnk someone else will think its cool...get something to please yourself, my neighbor owns a tattoo shop and they do tattoo removal as well so it's not exactly completely permanent anymore.

My husband is mostly covered in tattoos and I love them...me myself I only have three small ones that are easily covered unless I am at the beach and I will probably never get another one? But for men they look nice IMO.

13. BB kings wife surprised him with his name tattooed on her butt B on one cheek and another B on the other .when she showed it to him. He said who is Bob

14. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Whatever you do, don't put it on your lower back. HA Ha

15. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

LOL! BB and I are from the same town...Indianola, MS!

16. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Ditto. Besides, what ever happened to "Being You Own Man"?

As Hawkeye said to Radar in the episode of M*A*S*H* when he contemplated getting a tattoo: "Why would you put something on your body, that you wouldn't hang on your wall?"

17. blkbearklr

blkbearklr Yep I am retired living off my sugar mama!!!

I did not get my first one until I was 43. If you feel that you have to get one because you think you are a minority then by all means you have the wrong thought process. It has to have some meaning to you. And something that you know you are going to have on you the rest of your life. So like others are saying make sure you get a good artist. I designed this one myself and call it the stem of life. There are leaves that are detached the lower one is for my dad with the dates he was born and passed away. The other leaf detached is for my Army career it is what made me who I am today. The leafs attached have dates for my mom and other things important in my life. The red rose is for my wife with the date we got married, the purple rose is for my baby girl it is her favorite color. So once again if you are doing because you want one and it has meaning to you then by all means do it. If you are doing it because you feel left out then run away.

Attached Files:

18. Dangitboy

Dangitboy Member

An older working buddy of mine. He was in the Philippines when he was in his 30's, he ended up with the most intricate eagle holding the olive branches you've ever seen on his shoulder. Many years later that intricate tattoo looks like a buzzard sitting on a fence post. Years from now people are going to say , what the heck is that blob ? Do what you want to do.

19. Codi - now that's funny right there! ;)

Bruce

20. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

Buzzard on a fence post...that's pretty funny but on a serious note I'm sure the last thing a guys going to do is look back in his later years at his wrinkled tattoo that carries fond memories of his youth that he got in the Phillipines and think...dang I wish I hadn't gotten this tattoo that reminds me of my travels in life.

I'm actually not sure why anyone would care how awful their tattoos might look when they are older?