1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Competition coyote??

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by AJH, Jan 1, 2013.

1. AJH

AJH Member

I'm looking for some opinions on the best earliners and eyes for a competition coyote?? I would like to order everything from McKenzie. It looks like Tohickon and Van dyke both have some nice eyes, but I would like to get some opinions also. Thanks!! AJ

2. Riverland

Riverland New Member

I would get two pairs of reflective pupil eyes. Save the best two for your comp piece and use the other pair on some sort of coyote mount to get used to setting them the way you want. There is a link about five down from your question where to get them.

3. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

What ever eyes you decide to go with buy multiple pairs! Ive yet to get 2 matching pupil sizes packaged together. You may have to pick 2 from a couple packs. Plus they shatter when you drop them on the floor ::) Ya, I did ;D

4. AJH

AJH Member

That's funny Bill, the last pair I ordered I had to send back because the pupil's were different sizes. That was the only other coyote I have done. I thought that was just a coincidence..... I guess I'm not the only one. Thanks

5. Ozark woods and work them down. I dont know what resin they use, but the earliners are super strong. and you can thin them paper thin. a bit of 5 minute epoxyand they are great.

6. xtpoz

xtpoz New Member

Times 2!
    Plus you can heat them up with a heat gun and bend them if need be.

7. AJH

AJH Member

Thanks Guys, for the great advice. .... It's always appriciated.