1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Some of you know my Dad, Others don't but think about him today...

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by *, Jan 3, 2013.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

My Dad suffered a stroke 36 hours, I got to hospital in less than an hour and saw him, He knew who I was and we spoke. Guys it was not good. could not move, open his eyes and only spoke one word answers. They gave him TPA but he has been on thinners over 20 years and it looks like it went bad. Got better for 12 hours then he went on a vent. Scans showed it was bad. Going to pull the vent today sometime and see if he can hold his own. If not I guess he has completed his mission here and I for one can tell you he has no regrets for his life what he was and what he has done....

The night before he had Christmas at his house, all his grandkids were there 10 and his 2 great grandkids and all his kids 3. Full House! I left early as usual because I had Bubba with me, but this time instead of a handshake, I hugged him, I still don't know why. He didn't expect it , Nor did I. It just happened and it makes me think HARD.

Thanks for listening to me this morning. No one hear yet at shop to talk to. Family is all at the hospital but me. I hate hospitals.

2. Don Jahner

Don Jahner Well-Known Member

Hope your Dad pulls through this Dennis, Prayers sent.

3. tom k

tom k New Member

Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well with your Dad. Tom

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Thinking of you buddy, your dad is a damn good man!

5. So sorry Dennis,
    You have my Heart felt sympathy. I have been in your shoes, but my dad fell over here in the shop and didn't make it to the Hospital. This all happened Jan. of 1994 and I still miss him.

6. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

I spoke to your Dad at the Ohio show a few years ago (the year you had the rhino there, I think). I can tell you one thing...he is VERY proud of his son, Dennis. Praying for all of you. God Bless.

7. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. I have visited with your dad on numerous occasions at shows. He is a really great guy. I've invited him to stop by on his trips to Diamondhead making deliveries. Hope all goes well...

joeym

8. So very sorry to hear. Prayers sent.

9. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Thinking of and praying for you guys.

10. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Prayers Sent Dennis.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Horrible news, Dennis. Wishing all the best for you and your Father.

12. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Very sorry to hear this, Dennis. Been there, gone through that with my Pop. In the end, Pop left us December 21, 1998. I understand your pain, and wish you peace in this tough time. Fathers ... I don't know ... it takes the wind out of your sails. For some of us, it changes many things. You, your Dad, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Peace to you.

13. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I met your dad at that Ohio show, he sure was proud of you that night. I guess we at some point in our lives must carry on our Dads memory, based on all they instill in us as sons. I hope for the best for him, and your family. Ill talk to you later, and hopefully see you this weekend.

14. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Thanks Everyone, Took him off the vent. He didn't breath on his own. He's finished the jobs he needed to do here.
    Not a good day here.

15. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

16. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

My prayers go out

17. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss Dennis, Been there myself, it's not a fun time. Sounds like he had a good life with a fairly peaceful ending. Glad that all the family could be there with him.

18. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Sorry for your loss Dennis, I have talk to your dad at the shows, Its a sad day.....

19. God is waiting with open arms, Your dad will always be with you in your heart and mind. You can honor your father by following in his footsteps as a good respected man. I'm deeply sorry for your loss, I feel your pain. I pray that your family will have peace, My thoughts and prayers are with you.. God bless

20. So very sorry...