1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Some of you know my Dad, Others don't but think about him today...

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by *, Jan 3, 2013.

1. shammy

shammy New Member

So, so. sorry to here this. You will never forget that hug. Lost mine in 91, its rough, hang in there. Will be praying for you. shammy

2. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Condolences to you and your family Dennis.

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

So sorry to hear this Dennis. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sounds like Dad was a heck of a guy. As you mourn the loss, be grateful for the many years you had together. Those times are priceless and what memories are made of. Find PEACE my friend.

4. dcooper

dcooper Member

Dennis,
    I'm so very sorry to hear this. My father suffered a stroke 7 years ago and we lost him. He always wanted me to do taxidermy and after he passed, I decided it was time. I guess it was my way of carrying out his wishes for me as I prepared to retire from one career and venture into another. Although he passed, he's still with me every day. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

5. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Dennis, so very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing ... so very sorry. He will be with you - in your heart - every day. Just keeping his memory alive ... it helps some. You'll think of something he once said, and it will make you smile. It hurts for a long, long time ... don't known when it doesn't ... but I wish you all the best, and know your Dad will no longer suffer. Again ... my deepest and sincerest condolences.

6. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Sorry for your Loss Dennis, Losing ones we look up to isn't easy.. Hang in their and know hes in a better place right now..

God speed..

7. troy

troy Member

PA
    Very sorry for your loss, Dennis. I just went through the ventilator thing with my Dad earlier this year. He made it home, after about two weeks but he has been on borrowed time since then. I have to say, about the hug, I hugged and kissed and told my Dad I loved him more times in that two weeks than I did, I think, my whole life! Don't know why I didn't do that more but, that's just the way it was. Be happy about the hug. I know I'll be standing in your shoes sooner than I want but it's coming. My condolences to you and your family, and may God bless you all with his healing touch!

8. Mason

Mason Active Member

Never met Ya or got to know Ya on here Dennis. I figure I would just be another nuisance wanna be on here bothering Ya.
    But I am very sorry for your loss. I have walked that walk. My Dad was my best friend as much as he was my Dad. I lost him a few years back.
    Condolences , Ron and Linda

9. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Dennis, so sorry for your loss. But so happy that you and he had a good relationship.....brought a tear to my eye when you spoke of giving him a hug. I shut my dad out of my life for 12 years and only recently made things right with him. Stories like this one are the reason we made it right. It is a very good lesson on doing what is right while we have the chance. I will praying for you and your family my friend. -Marty

10. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

11. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

12. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Thanks everyone, I'm still working, he taught me to be a workaholic and he would knew I would be here today come h*ll or high water.
    Things that crossed my mind today....
    When he got his Baseball cap from the 2009 World Taxidemy Championships he went to the local embrordery shop and on the back of his right above the cut out and above the ajustment strap he had them put. " My Son Won"

He took mine without me knowing and had them put
    " I Won " on mine.....

13. Very sorry to hear about your father. It seems the Fates let you and your father spend a great weekend together. Great memories for the entire family.

I hope we are all so lucky one day.

14. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

Am very sorry to hear about this. My sincerest thoughts and prayers go out to you on such a rough day.

15. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    So sorry for your loss Mr. Dennis, I was fortunate enough to meet your Dad at the last world show and it was plain to see how proud he was of you. I still remember him telling me how much time and effort you put into your moose and wolf piece and how happy he was to be a part of it all.

Making your parents proud is one of the greatest achievements for anyone.

16. So sorry for your loss. We will keep you and your family in our prayers!

17. Tom M.

Tom M. Member

Dennis,
    So sorry for your loss. Glad you gave him that hug. Funny how things work. Prayers are with you.

18. Dangitboy

Dangitboy Member

Dennis,
    I am so sorry to hear of your Dad passing. I know what your going though I lost my Dad last year 1-16-12.
    My wife and I had the opportunity to meet and talk with you and your Dad, we had lunch in St. Louis at the world show, Paul was with us. It was a pleasure getting to know him just a little, he was a good man. The angels are rejoicing!!

19. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    Sorry to hear, Prayers sent

20. 10PTBUCK

10PTBUCK Member

wi
    Sorry to hear about your loss Dennis. My prayers are with you & your family, He is in a better place now. I am glad you were able to give him that hug, It does not always work out that way. May peace be with you.

Todd