1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Some of you know my Dad, Others don't but think about him today...

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by *, Jan 3, 2013.

1. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Harris at the World show. He was a kind man. I'm sorry for your families loss Dennis.

2. So sorry for your loss Dennis, I lost my Dad as well, 2 years ago. I was active duty Air Force serving in California when i got the call. He was 47 years old, A Heart attack got him out of no where. Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family

3. Dennis when I think of your dad I remember thinking about how very very proud he was of you at the last world show. I didn't really know him, just to see him, and made the association that he was your dad.....but as Daniel noticed also there was no mistaking that he was one proud father that week, and I'm sure many other times. He will continue to be with you in spirit and memory and may he continue to inspire you and fuel your determination to create the art that made him so proud. Prayers to you and your family

4. MidwestBigBucks

MidwestBigBucks Member

Sorry for your loss, I lost my father to a stroke in 2008, I think about him everday. Prayers to you, your family, and friends.

5. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

I also remember embroidery on his hat that said something along the lines of......"my son is best in the world". He was definitely proud of you.

6. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[email protected] B+______><(((°>______><(((°>

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family Dennis.

7. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Not nearly as proud as I am for being his son...
    His Black Sheep. 8)

The man didn't drink , smoke, swear or cuss or utter a nasty remark to anyone for any reason, would befend his wife tho' don't go there. Married to my Mom I think 58 years, went to church anytime the door was open, A deacon, usher , photographer , album cover artist ,the audio man at every church he was ever in.
    Would live like a puaper if he had to, to give his kids what he never had as an only child. Instilled a work ethic in me at leats , But he didn't live that way . Worked 2 jobs most of his life. When he had only one he's work 70 to 80 hours a week at it till vacation. I saw the entire lower 48 traveling on his 4-6 weeks of vacation every year with a trailer and car before I was 14. Even Mexico. A man anyone could call in the middle of the night for help he would be there for hid friends and family and strangers. His life was our family, His Dad died when I was 8 and he was 34. Only an only child can know what a large family means, he did. I will never be what he was no matter how I try. he gave me some of his traits and I am thankful for those , But as man and a father and grandfather and a friend he gave everyone some part of himself everyday right up till yesterday ;D

8. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

I am so sorry to read this, Dennis you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. I am very sorry. God Bless.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

Very sorry for your loss Dennis. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I wish you all the best in this time of need.

10. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

My prayers are with your Dad,Family and you. I am very sorry and hope he is alright.

11. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

I am sorry in my last post I did not realize he passed. Sorry for your loss.

12. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great dad and person.
    Ralph

13. Dennis, I'm sorry for your loss.I lost my Dad in"86", and my mom last February.I guess there is a part of us that will miss them always.My condolences. Ed

14. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

Sorry for your loss Dennis, my condolences go out to you and your family..

15. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

from your discription you couldn't have had a better father dennis...always keep his memory alive in all of you...my father passed away in 1965 when he was only 45 years old and i can still remember how his voice sounded....make an effort to always do something for him the rest of your life...he will be proud of you as he was in the past.....life can be so fantastic and suck all at the same time...my thoughts go out to you..........

16. Jim D.

Jim D. Member

Sorry to here about your dad Dennis, I miss my dad and he has lived with me for two years, he has dementia and is just a shell of who he once was, he will turn 90 in a couple of months. It is an honor though to serve him in taking care of his needs!

17. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA
    Sorry for your loss Dennis, sounds like he was a good man and then also raised one.

18. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

Dennis
    'My prayers go out to you and yours.

That special hug was his way of saying I love you and take care of yourself, our family and I willl see you later.

God works in strange ways ,but you will always have that special moment.

19. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Dennis

Just so sad to hear this oh so bad news about your dad

Sorry for your loss Dennis, my condolences

J

20. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Sorry for your loss Dennis. Your family will be in my prayers.