1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

" Cork screw " Droptine buck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Steven Klee, Jan 4, 2013.

1. I'm calling that a tank! Awesome

2. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Thanks guys, very kind words.

Michael P. is correct. It is the original Mears head, though I have been known to change em' out. This particular form had a nice set of dew laps already sculpted in as do the biggest Mears ssnk forms. The extra skin on the cape made up my mind to add a roll of clay to the center dew lap. A small roll was used to create the Roman nose. No clay was used for the chin or the nose pad. If I can get away with it, I like a hard surface to glue to so I usually rasp down the nose with a file to get the shape.
    No Mark, I'm not bringing it to the Indiana show. It's a commercial mount. There are certain anomalies with it that when added up on a score sheet would make me fall short of my goal. But I will be there and I look forward to seeing you.

3. shammy

shammy New Member

fantastic mount, soft and beautiful.

4. roonie

roonie Member

ive never used a mears form. I live in Canada. Im taking nothing away from Steve's mount here .....i find mears forms to have such a heavy chin....its almost as big as the nose....or at least apears to be. The other thing ive noticed with most mears is the eyes...how forward they are. I do know this can be altered. These are the only things that stand out to me on mears that i would change before using a mears. I love the way mears narrows the form just at the base of the neck to make the appearance of the neck seem even more swelled. I guess because this is a semi sneak, its different in that area. The shoulder on mears forms also apear to be narrow on the width....the way most deer should are. Am i correct in all these assumptions people? The reason i ask is i am shoping for a form on a remount and need to make up my mind soon. Maybe i should repost..im sorry if i should have but thougt people could refer to Steve's mount

5. Man that deer is a thing of beauty!!! The quality of the overall bucks features, the eyes, the lip line, ears, etc....wow. Very clean and something that I can look to aspire to in my career for sure!! Thanks for sharing so many awesome bucks!

6. very nice

7. Clean as a whistle! Corse wouldn't expect anything less from Steven. Super nice Mr. Klee!!!!!!!! Well done sir!

8. tem

tem Well-Known Member

beautifully. it looks alive. just beautifully.

9. GC424

GC424 New Member

it's OK ;D It is amazing work. Steve I noticed that you get some really nice capes to work with. no scars, tick damage etc.

10. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

11. Matt

Matt Active Member

Very nice Steve, beautiful work!!!