1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WTB: Walleye form for 13 Lb. 32.5 Inch Walleye with 21 Inch girth

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by rickv, Jan 5, 2013.

1. rickv

rickv New Member

Hi,

I've been searching for 3 days on the net for a reproduction form for a walleye with the following dimensions: length 32.5, girth 21, 13Lbs. I did find 1 that was close to these dimensions but it did not have a huge gut which is what the walleye I caught had. Can anyone point me to a website that has a form close to these dimensions that has a huge gut? Thank you for any help

2. Lake Country Replicas has a 32 x 20 1/2, 15 1/2 lbs.

Can you post a picture of the walleye?

3. rickv

rickv New Member

How do I attach a picture ? ​

4. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

I was thinking that a 32 1/2" walleye with a 21" girth should weigh substantially more than 13 lbs. The last walleye I did with that length and girth weighed 16 lbs. Just sayin'.

5. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

I thought the same thing as perca. A 32 1/2 inch walleye with a big gut will weigh in the 15 or 16 pound range.

6. X3, That's why I asked for a picture. Some times we remember a fish by a picture and the way we hold it it has a lot to do with how big the belly looks. If you have one hand on the ventral fin and the other hand on the head and there is a slight arch in the back of the fish, the belly will seem larger than it really is, especially with longer fish.

7. jbaker

jbaker New Member

Just for reference this is a skin mount just finished up that is 31 inches long 20 inch girth and weighed 13.5 lbs.
    [​IMG]

8. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

[size=14pt]WOWIE!!! That's a mighty fine looking real walleye!!

9. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Does it really matter what it weighs? If a customer calls and tells me he caught and released a walleye with the aforementioned dimensions I might mention that with those dims that fish was probably heavier. But, never the other way around. All I need is a length measurement and preferably a girth measurement for a replica. (Or a weight if girth isn't available). If I check my customers length and girth numbers and they are correct, then that's the blank they're going to get. It doesn't matter to me if my customer weighed the fish in at 30 pounds or THREE pounds - lol! Think about it!

And "three days looking"??? That's NUTZ! To me, those big dimensions are a major flag that probably few blanks exist (if any). EXACT dimensions are probably not practical. CLOSE is all you can really hope for. And this should be communicated to the customer with the larger fish. Pickins get pretty lean when you get to the odd sizes and/or shapes. After doing this for 15 years or so, I knew off the top of my head by first reading your post that LCR had one that was pretty close. Three minutes was all it should have taken! You're lucky because another inch longer and your fish would have been even harder (if not impossible) to locate a blank if it exists. When you get to the extreme large or small sizes with replicas, I don't waste a lot of time. More often than not, a replica/blank does not exist for some unusually large species. Why would a replica supplier create a mold of something that he/she is going to sell 1 blank from in the next 10 years?

10. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

If you find one that long and with that girth you can make it weigh 13 lbs by fiilling it with the appropriate poundage of plaster. [​IMG]

11. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Actually, due to the LCR process, it probably WILL weigh at least 13 pounds - lol!