1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mule deer to be critiqued (full sneak)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Joes wildlife artistry, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Joes wildlife artistry

Joes wildlife artistry New Member

I thought I would post a deer and see what everyone says about it. Please critique. I am a terrible photographer.

Attached Files:

2. Joes wildlife artistry

more pictures

Attached Files:

3. Joes wildlife artistry

364 Views and no replies. Oh well, that's fine. I know it takes time. (especially on mine. ha ha)

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Well Joe, it's kind of in the middle, it's not great, and it's not bad either. You got the basics down, just need some fine tuning. A weekend with a great deer head guy would give you what you need to know.
    The eye lids have a rim around the edge, you need to get that edge soft looking. The ears are a little dark imo. The eye shape is off and to open, to wide and round imo.

5. bigt46

bigt46 Member

TN
    The right eye is bigger in the brow than the left. The inner ears are dark. And to much bottom lip showing for me on a muledeer.

6. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

eyes are also set to deep....i agree with the ear color..just looks like black sprayed in them

7. Have to agree on the eyes, way too deep for a mule deer. Im sure not everyone is going to agree with me here, but your bottom lip on a mule deer should be completely tucked.

8. Joes wildlife artistry

Thanks everyone. You all are a ton of help! I love this site.

9. duckman283

duckman283 New Member

the eyes are to far in and to open. the tear ducts need to be hair to hair and muleys don't show bottom lip. with that said keep reference close by and keep up the good work.