1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Happy young lady..

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by dsbragg, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Took my cousin and his daughter Maddie hunting this weekend to try and get Maddie her first deer. She is 12 and loves the outdoors but they don't get to hunt much. Last year I brought them out during a youth hunt we did on our ground and every kid took something but her.

This year I took her to a stand I set up a week ago in a new area where I new lot's of doe were and a couple good bucks. All I wanted was for her to get a chance a a deer. At 9:30 am, she was getting tired of sitting, had seen nothing and asked if we could go. I said we would at 10, lets sit a while longer.

10 minutes later a beautiful mature FL buck stepped out at about 75yds and using my Win .243, she hit him in the shoulder and put him down. What a cool thing to be a part of, she was beside herself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FL deer sure are pretty, cape was perfect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wow thats nice! Congratulations!

3. Dangitboy

Dangitboy Member

She did real good, congrats! Sure is a nice rifle you have there, pre 64?

4. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

You'll be prowd to mount it for her too right Dennis?? Nice buck, great story...

5. bwilke

bwilke Member

Thats what it's all about!!!

6. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

7. double barrel

double barrel New Member

Good job man, that smile says it all. Who you gonna get to mount it? lol!

8. JW

JW New Member

Congrat's to the young lady and her guide.

9. Jason R

Jason R Ph# 325-282-2527

Congrat's, she deserves it, that's one good looking deer.

10. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

that's great!! congrats to you both!!

11. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Memory immortalized. It don't get any grander!

12. GC424

GC424 New Member

Dennis, I will be in Ala. hunting this week do you have a stand I could use. ;D Congrats, It doesn't get any better than that ;)

13. shammy

shammy New Member

Congrat's to ya both Dennis, nice pretty deer. I know a good and proud taxidermist from Florida that would do a tremendous mount for her. Gosh I believe you know him as well.

14. She was so proud of that deer, and I was as jacked up about it as her. Can't describe what it feels like to watch a young person for sure, or anyone harvesting their first deer. I guess it's why I have been a part of helping it happen for so many the last several years. That rifle was my Fathers, he handed it to me when I was 14 yrs old. I took my first good buck with it and many more animals after that. It has been used by a lot of men, women and youngsters over the years to harvest their first animal as well. Is a Winchester model 70 .243 with a tigerwood stock. I would have to check the born on date but remember as a kid when my Dad let me shoot it for the first time, that was in 74-75 when I was around 8 yrs old, 38 years ago. It will be with me till I'm gone, then my daughter will have it.

Looking forward to working on this deer for Maddie. Her father, my cousin, are on hard times right now like a lot are and I know they are strapped for money. She asked for an antler mount on the buck. Maddie turns 13 in 5 months, she will have a nice shoulder mount on that day. :)

15. keriWCL

keriWCL Member

Very cool!

16. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    That is AWESOME!!!

17. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Nice going, Dennis. If you can't do for a kid, who can you do for? ;)

18. craig h

craig h New Member

ma
    soooo awesome!!!!!!!! congrats!!!!

19. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

Now that's great right there, congrats to the young hunter. Very nice deer.