1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Latest finds...

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by buckmaster14, Jan 8, 2013.

1. buckmaster14

buckmaster14 Sometimes you get lucky...

Recently got permission to walk a farm a couple miles from my house where the farmer shoots deer year round and leaves them laying...

Last years drop... i dont think it ever had a brow tine...

[​IMG]

Two eight points, found 100 yards apart on same creek.

[​IMG]

2. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

why would you come on here and mention... here is where a farmer shoots deer year round and leaves em laying.. I seriously hope someone in North Carolina sees this, reports it and the fish and game checks up on it.. your practices.. comments and posts leave allot to be questioned about you and your methods of hunting.. your hunting privledges should be taken away until yo ugrow the heck up.... I dont give a flying F()*& how much corn and beans they are eating.. you dont just go shooting deer and leaving em laying, and if you do.. yo udont go taking pictures and posting them on the WWW looking to get a rise ot of people.. I think you need to just pack your [email protected] and move along.. I think you have about pissed every one off on this site already with your last hunting effort..

3. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Hoytman, the farmer may or maynot have had tags given for just that purpose. In KY farmers can get tags to shoot up to x amount of deer to protect there crops. Kicker is they cant do anything with them except remove them from the field so as not to impede crop harvest. Sad but true, and have seen the same farmers refuse to allow hunting, due to past idiots like the afore mentioned, either tearing things up or leaving gates and such open, or heaven forbid they shoot a cow, don't laugh it happens somewere around us every year. We get lots of out of state deer hunters that show up with there new shiny gun and clothes tags still attached, ready to hunt on this new lease they got through the internet/real estate broker ;)

4. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

duxdown- here in ky those farmers cannot shoot antlered deer. I think hoytmans main point is why he would come on here posting those pics and say that about a local farmer when he does the same thing.

5. duxdown

duxdown New Member

ktm I knew were he was going, but just makeing sure he knew the lower 48 sometimes plays by different rules. Did you ever see a warden here in ky that would corner up one of those big farmers, they like to stay in good graces with them.

6. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

sad but true

7. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I grew up on a 31K acre farm in Minnesota from Birth to age 18.. Im not ignorant.... last time I checked MN was in the lower 48.. Like I said, this kid just needs to pack up and hit the road.. every post of his is about soemthing to do with killing or attempting to kill a deer too small, not enough.. .ohh I missed.. I I went to work and didnt look for that one.. blah blah., blah.. .. retrieval, to not retireve.. you get the picture.. this is a game head thread and a taxidermy website.. take it to the current events where the drama continues their every day over Politics and gun control to name a few..

8. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

hoytman i dont know the past of this poster but being a carolinian the laws here are crazy at times. depredation permits are issued and farmersd can shoot so many deer crazy thing is they cant posses the deer crazy ehh i was about to pick up a beautiful 8 pointer from the middle of the road the other day i called the local warden to see if i could get a possesion ticket. he was more interested in knowing if i had moved it or put it in my truck if i had i was in illegal possesion even though i called to get a permit this my friend is nc and you best be careful about touching a dead animal before you get a permit. the poster i think was just showing his find deer shot on depredation tickets should be possesable and transferable in the case the farmer doesnt wwant it. to shoot and waste it is a dang shame in my eyes.

9. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Hoytman I concur!

10. Wow.. it truly sucks (all laws aside) that farmers are required to waste wantonly those deer that they shoot. It literally makes my heart sink. I know that they can get nuisance permits.. but sheeze.. what a sad fricking waste of meat and animals in general.

Here, the law seems happy to allow roadkillers to keep their deer, from what I have seen. One friend of mine came across a dying doe that'd been hit by another. The police came out, dispatched it with police gun, and issued a permit for the driver to take it.. I even have a friend who hit an impressive buck with her truck, and had the head mounted! Her family used the meat, after checking up with the DEC and getting a roadkill salvage permit of some kind. Again, the waste has me shaking my head.

11. As for salvaging in the woods.. it is different from shed collecting, I would think. Methinks a shed is not from a dead deer, and so is not treated the same as, say, an antlered skull. No proof exists that the deer who shed the antler is dead or was killed (in fact a shed, unlike a cutoff, would seem to me to be proof that the deer who spawned it was alive when the antler was dropped..) So, wouldn't it just be a piece of woodland salvage like a branch or wildflowers, really? Picking up these skulls has me worried for you, OP; I don't know you or your past posts, but who knows where the skulls really came from?

12. The avitar name "buckwounder " tells you everything you need to know about this guy, what a waste, on both accounts. :(

13. Matt

Matt Active Member

There are a few farms in my area and they are allowed to shoot as many deer as they have permits. I don't believe they are supposed to shoot bucks, but not 100% sure on that.

14. buckmaster14

The farmer was issued a permit by the dnr. He can shoot any deer he wants, to help reduce " Crop damage" He just cannot touch the deer, he must leave it laying for the kill to be legal. How am i still the bad guy here? All i did was walk his field and find the damn things.....

15. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

Im with hoytman, you should just join a hunting forum and leave this one. You never post anything about taxidermy, all you do is cause drama. All you ever do is make ridiculous posts about hunting.

and please dont show the one post of your fan mount and claim you talk about taxidermy....I have 8 and 9 year old family members who can do a fan mount.

16. duece

duece Member

Well said Hoytman,MY hat off too you! Some are to just plain IGNORANT TO KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT! Yes i feel better have a good day,Say good day

17. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

You're to ignorant to even see it dumb ass.. why throw in the comment about the farmer shooting deer and leaving them lay.. why not just say you were walking down by the creek and found a couple dead 8 points.. you post shit before you think.. and need to grow the F up.. seriously..

Ever had a dog that kept pooping on the carpet? after a while you get ahold of it and stick his nose in it to see if that teaches him?

I think maybe thats what you need.. A good strong fella to grab you by the neck and whip the shit out of you and knock some sense into your dumb ass.. then rub your nose in your drawers after you shit yourself.. Because obviously, you haven't changed a bit.. for the better that is

their now I feel better..

have a great day..

And as KTM said, seriously, hit the road bud, take your BS to a hunting forum and see how folks chew you up their..

18. sportsmen wildlife

sportsmen wildlife New Member

I do not know of any state that allows an "antlered" buck to be killed on a kill permit. If there is I would like to see the written law, it would be a shock to me if I was wrong.

19. I was about to jump on you, but I figured I would google NC law first. Here is what I found:

[​IMG]

So it seems he doesn't have to let them lay, but either way that is one weird ass law, and the states I have lived in only apply it to antlerless. Regardless, I'm sure that farmer is your mentor, you should ask him if you can shoot some deer in the butt so you can improve your tracking, I'm sure he would love that....

20. buckmaster14

KTM, ur an asshole, hoytman, same to you.

All my threads are quickly taken over by u two idiots. why dont u just pass over them? If you dont wanna see what i have to say dont click on the damn things. some people on this forum might enjoy seeing what i find and last i checked... hunting and taxidermy were related, and being that i have an interest in it i have just as good of a reason to be here as y'all do.