1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Markers when mounting

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by GC424, Jan 8, 2013.

1. jake7719

jake7719 Well-Known Member

Looked up the info on the PTA web site, saw what was offered, lame. Just how I would describe it. How about not vary interesting to me or it did not excite me to the extent that I wanted to invest my time or money at the event.

2. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Suit yourself. Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things anyway. ::)

3. Hey Jake if you wanted to influence what was presented at the shows you could attend one of the membership meetings and give BOD your thoughts. This is how the topics are determined....by the needs of the membership. If you have some ideas of how to make it better please get in touch with someone.

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Jake, you can stop now. Even if you tried, you couldn't make a bigger jackass of yourself after that comment. If not THE largest, the Pennsylvania show and competition is one of the very best out there. Since you obviously already know everything, I can see why it wouldn't be worth your time.

5. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I start with the briskit and end with the eye work as well.

6. jake7719

Sounds like your the one with the thin skin. Hope you took your high blood pressure meds today, don't want you to stroke out on me.

7. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I was rubbing cocoa butter on Sophia Vergara's butt the other day.

8. tem

tem Well-Known Member

:eek:

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I mount the same, except add snack, nap, tv, lunch, nap, tv, snack, mount some more, dinner, tv, snack, wife goes to bed, I stay up and finish deer head at 3 am.

10. jake7719

George, I have went to 2 in PA,and 2 in OH. Every year I learn something new, and apply it to my work. It my be from a show, video,this forum,or an other taxidermist. I have a huge libray of videos, DVDs and books, a huge file system of reference material. Just because I did not like what was at the PA show in the past does not mean that I will not attend in the future.
    Yes it is a large show and has things to offer, but some don't have anything that I fell is worth my time or money. If I choose to describe the past PA show as lame and hurt someones little taxidermy ego, to bad for them.
    95% of the people at the last PA show I went to were great people, the other 5% really were a turn off. If you didn't belong to there association or compeat, you were not there equal and they looked down on you.
    If going to shows and compeating is your thing, then I hope you have a great time. I do not need others taxidermist to tell me I'm doing a good job to make me fell good about my work. The comformation that I get is in the money I take to the bank every week and the positive reaction from my customers.

11. George

Jake, you speak with forked tongue. In your first post you state the show has nothing to offer you and in the second you state that you've managaged to bring something back from every show you've attended. As for the 5%, I hate to break it to you, but in my world about 30% of the people I encounter are ashholes by my personal estimation. I'm sure I fit in their 30% because that's how the real world is. Sounds a lot like you do as well. (Did you ever hunt elk? Every big herd has one bull. Then there are that 5% circling around hoping for the bull to lose his guard so they an run in and snatch a cow. They're the same 5% at the shows and they're just pissed the herd bull keeps kicking their ass.)

The PA show is the first/biggest in the Northeast. It's where suppliers are going to bring out their new products and the show discount is more than worth it to most professionals.

12. Paul C

Paul C New Member

[color=blackYou said a mouthful there George.[/color]

13. jake7719

If you get up in the morning and run into a ashhole, he is the ashhole. If you run in to ashholes all day, you are the ashhole.
    I did not go to the last PA show, it had nothing I was interested in, lame to me. My have been the greatest thing since sliced bread for some.
    The 4 shows I have attended, I did enjoy, except that 5% and I went home with some new knowledge and some new friends.
    As far as discounts, My customers pay for shipping and supplies. That discount does not go into my pocket. I am not in the supply business, I get payed based on the time it tacks me to mount something.
    I would rather spend the $800.00 I would spend attending the show on plane a ticket and a cruse to the Bahamas.

14. jake7719

Paul C., you have just made my case, I have met you 4 times, you are the 5% I am talking about.

15. George

You'll fit right in with the rest of that 30%. When I find myself in the company of those who would make me feel offended, I move back to my comfort zone and ignore it. You went out of your way to slander the Pennsylvania show when you could have simply kept your mouth shut. No one would have known what an ashhole you were, but you obviously needed recognition. I learned long ago that the qualities we most dislike in others are those that we, ourselves, possess.

16. I've been in this industry a short 8 yrs and have attended every PTA show in that same time period, every year I bring something home to apply in my business whether it has to do with mounting or what alot of taxidermist are lacking Business Skills! I try and compete every year just with clients mounts, I strive to give them the best possible I can and without the PTA I truly believe I wouldn't be where I am today with my work, mingling with other highly accomplished taxidermist is a great tool I like to use! Paul C in my opinion is without a doubt a class act , never once has he shunned me on a question, to each his own live in the dark ages of taxidermy or move with the advancement of it , I choose to move forward

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

17. Paul C

Paul C New Member

No Kidding???? I don't remember you. Perhaps you can describe one of our 4 meetings so that I can remember you. You're less than 1 hour away from me and I don't know who you are. Enlighten me please.

18. George

Paul, gas must be high as hell up your way. If it costs $800 to drive an hour and stay at a Motel 6, guess I'd better keep my happy ass down here in Delaware.

19. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

jake7719, if you think Paul is an a$$hole at the show, you oughta go fishing with him....... he made Houser cry he was so mean! Houser didn't mean to hit the boat with that little bat, he was aiming at the fish!

20. What an arrogant jackass. Thankfully
    there is only 5% of you jackasses that come to the show Jake..!

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.