1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Markers when mounting

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by GC424, Jan 8, 2013.

1. jake7719

jake7719 Well-Known Member

Michael P, Never called Paul C, an Ashhole, George was doing all the name calling like "jackass" "ashhole"
    Joe, I advance my tech. on a yearly bases, every fall I try to give my customers a better WTD mount. I keep current with all the new and advancing tech. Like Michael P and his finishing tech on pedestal mounts. Just because I don't go to every show out there, that some how makes me a lesser taxidermist and living on the dark edges of taxidermy? I think you like Paul C. so much because your part of that 5%.
    George, calling something lame is slander? My be you need to get out that Webster Dictionary. Jackass and ashhole is not slander. At allmost $4.00 gal for gas getting about 15 mpg in my truck, going about 400 miles round trip, gas cost me $100.00, 3 meal over 4 days, $300, Hotel $300. Admission to the show. George your not vary good at math are you.
    Paul C, first encounter was on 911, PA Taxidermy Test. The first words out of your mouth to me was. "did you go to taxidermy school, yes I said, you asked where, I said North West Iowa School of Taxidermy, Then you said, " If you went to one of our schools in PA you might of passed the test. All this before even looking at my work, it was still in my van. Then you asked if I was a member of the PTA, I said on, at that time I knew what you were all about.

2. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Re: Re: Markers when mounting

He gave me hell for the same thing! I'm only allowed to use the rubber bat now. LOL
    You should have seen him screaming at Houser for setting the hook. :) Paul didn't think it was funny but I laughed my azz off!

Jake.... Sorry that you think the PA show is "lame". I am one of the board members who has worked his azz off for the past 8 years or so. You must be much more advanced than all of us if you think that the seminars we provide are "lame". What a stupid comment.
    What would you like to see at a show?
    Would you be willing to get it all together?
    Have you ever talked with a board member?
    Have you ever given any time to your state association?

I am really surprised that Paul doesn't remember you. He is like an elephant and remembers everything. You must have been pretty "lame". LOL Sorry couldn't resist!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. Right on Brian, of course he hasn't approached a board member about how lame our show is! Our show is so lame that all 50 states and a few overseas countries are represented ! That's Lame?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. Paul C

Paul C New Member

I figured you were just another disgruntled know-it-all, fresh out of school, genius. And now I'm going to call you a LIAR because I never said that EVER! In 13 years as a Taxidermy Examiner I never recommended one school over another and certainly never promoted PA schools over any other. You would have at least come close to the truth if you would have said I told you to join the PTA to improve your work which I say to this day. I have a LOT of friends in this industry and a lot of them run schools and I'm VERY aware of NOT recommending one over the other. I may have said, however, that "you could have attended a better school". Apparently I was right!
    Since you brought the subject up the reason I would always ask if you went to a school or "how did you learn" was that schools only have a limited time to teach each subject and its a good way for me to determine how much you learned there. Obviously, you didn't learn much if you couldn't pass the BASIC PGC Exam!

And you can thank the PTA for eliminating that exam and the PGC controls that went with it and allowing you to do what you're doing today.

5. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Perhaps Jake should attend a school that teaches spelling and grammar ???

6. Wonder where the three other encounters were Paul? He only gave one

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. MIKEO-PA

MIKEO-PA Mike and Jen Olszanowski, pa

Paul is a very nice guy. He is a smart guy, and as with most smart people he has a witty/dry sense of humor, maybe you just don't "get" him! I've only ever taken him as straight forward and honest (with a side of sarcasm sometimes, haha ;). He is a great guy to be around.

Jen

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

But what about Houser??? You made him cry so hard he dyed his hair pink!

9. Paul C

Paul C New Member

I don't think I can take credit for ALL of Dave's nuttiness. If I did Michael I also have to take credit for his getting that cushy gig on his own reality TV show. Where is my commission check HOUSER??? :p

10. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

How Paul could resist not throwing Dave off the boat for dancing and asking where the "salomen" were is beyond me, lol. Do you think he will remember us when he gets his show, you know, wave and say "Hi Yoxy"...

11. I've been to the PTA convention every year since I started. I've learned something (a lot), saved money and made money every single time.

12. jake7719

I was asked by Paul C. to give him one example, so he could remember when we meet. I did. What would I have to gain it?
    He has admitted he promotes the PTA, at the exam. That he asks what school you attended, and uses that to determine if you are worth of being a taxidermist in PA. He has stated that he said " you could have attended a better school".
    All of these questions were ask before my work was out of the van. The test criteria was based on the quality of your work not the school you attended or if you belong to the PTA.
    Tom Matuska runs a great school. After all the research I did on schools, I decided on his because he taught you how to tan and how to cast fiberglass reproductions.

13. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Jake. Did you know that the game commission paid taxidermist from the PTA to come do the testing for them? So what is wrong with a PTA member trying to promote the association? You must have an ax to grind with the PTA. If you think you failed because you were not on the PTA membership list, your sadly mistaken. That is NOT how the PTA operates. There were many highly regarded individuals put in charge of the testing and I know they would never look down on someone because of a school they attended.
    All of the schools probably have good and bad points, but I never attended one. The taxidermy exam was not very hard and they were very fair with the judgments they made in my opinion. I passed the very last exam given and ended up not needing the permit anyway.
    I would bet that Paul was trying to joke around with you and it was taken wrong.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Brian, Jakes already demonstrated that if you're not blowing roses up his ass, you're not worthy of his attention. I suspect the PTA is better off if he chooses the Bahamas instead.

15. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

16. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

So did you pass?

17. OutbackJack

OutbackJack Member

PA
    If it wasn't for the PTA I wouldn't be where I'm at today. I'm honored to be a member of the PTA. I've been fortunate to take advanced classes with people like Hilton Eppely and Page Nethercutt for next to nothing at the PTA shows compared to spending tons of money to do a workshop at there studios. Everywhere you turn, if you make an opportunity, people will talk and share there experiences and teach you something. The PTA show is loaded with tons of great seminars, discounted supplies, and many other opportunities. If we are lame, why does PA produce some of the best taxidermist? If our show is lame you need to wake up. You only get out of it what you put into it.

George is 100% right with his quote: Brian, Jakes already demonstrated that if you're not blowing roses up his ass, you're not worthy of his attention. I suspect the PTA is better off if he chooses the Bahamas instead.

18. jake7719

Blow a rose up some ones a$$, is that physically possible. The blower and the receiver both better watch out for the thorns.
    Brian, your the VP of the PTA, part of the 5% I was talking about.
    I called one of the shows lame not the PTA.
    If Paul C was jocking around on that day "911", I was not in the mood for it that day. Why was the exam not canceled and rescheduled on that day?
    After the first exam on 911, I realized that the PAGC and the PTA were just like most other organizations, "It's not what you know, its who you know", so I played the game.
    I joined the PTA, went to 2 of there shows where I made all nice with the judges. Then went back to retake the exam. I used the same birds from the first test that they failed me on, I past. THE JUDGES NEVER LOOKED AT THE BIRDS ! The judges talked about the shows and how I should get involved with the PTA board and go to the meetings. I just smiled and shook my head up and down. BINGO! Walked out with my license.
    Paul C said we have the PTA to thank for no more Exam in PA. Why did it take 13 years of tacking the PAGC money to realize the exam was WRONG?

19. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Jake, Im sorry to do this, but its getting really stupid now. Its time to fold up the tents and go our seperate ways. The whole state of PA has an arrogance about it, Ive lived next to it for 50 years. That same swagger is also why your state has some of the most talented artists in the state, and as well, the biggest state association. This post has run its course, everyone made their points. Its just time to let it be.

20. jake7719

Bill I agree with you. I would love to attend one of your classes some day. I will no longer respond to this post.