1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mckenzie Bison Mannikin

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by J Kelly, Jan 9, 2013.

1. J Kelly

J Kelly Member

Are by far the worst mannikins ever produced in the history of our profession. From the crazy wide head to the short stubby neck and super narrow brisket this form is a joke! Stay away from this product.

2. strutinh

strutinh Member

luckily it's been a few years since i've done one, but I have 1 to do soon, Thanks !

3. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Maybe they send you one of the Van Dykes form that look pretty scranny. The Tom Weikum forms from mckenzi look pretty good to me. Maybe it was due to the huge bull. largest form from Mckenzi 16x25.5x57

4. jlapp5

jlapp5 Member

I've heard that several times so last year I tried trufitt on a huge one, it worked great!

5. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Trufitt was my 1st choice but the largest they carry is a 48 incher. Which was 9" too small for the bull I was working on.

6. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

i bet it was a van dykes form from them....quite a bit of their stock is old junk items that should be eliminated and never offered again....

7. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I was getting ready......

I was getting ready to order one from McKenzie as well. Now I will look at the other suppliers.

Kerby...

8. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Hey Kirby, expect it to cost $100 bucks to have that bad boy shipped, if you do order it threw McKenzie.

9. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

I used a McKenzie 15"x52" last year and the Bull fit like a glove. I didn't have any problem with it. I thought it was a real nice form. Not all animals are created equal. Forms are sculpted to fit most animals. It is up to the taxidermist to make them fit the animal they are working on.

I've got another Bison to mount this year and I will more than likely use another McKenzie form.

[​IMG]

10. I have 4 of the buggers to get done soon. The Mike Frazier mannikin's from Research are my favorite, but the sizes are limited. As Michelle said "its up to the taxidermist to make them fit."

11. I have done a few now, the trufitt forms are nice, fit very nice. The Tom weichum series from mckenzie is nice as well, the older forms aren't a good for much anything, Brian

12. backstapwillie

backstapwillie 2011 Montana Bow kill

I've mounted them on McKenzie and Van Dykes forms and never had a problem, they turned out fine!

13. bowmantax

bowmantax New Member

Tom wiekum forms fit great. So do truefit. Wouldnt use old van dyke form

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire