1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Ohio State Taxidermy Championships 2013

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by jim tucker, Jan 11, 2013.

1. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

Want To Thank The OTA

And we thank you Vince for sharing your whitetail knowledge with us.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Re: OTA show

Dave, it was a pleasure talking with you and keep up the good work.

3. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Re: Want To Thank The OTA

Good to see you there Vince, Thanks to all that shared there love for Christ on Sunday that made the show!!!!

4. Re: Want To Thank The OTA

Vincent, thank you and all who attended not only our show but our sunday service. I think I speak for Dan, and Cary when I say it was our favorite part of our show and we appreciate the support of so many of our members. Looking foreward to building from this for years to come!

5. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Re: Ohio Taxidermists Association convention award winners / WITH PICS

Love that fluffy whitetail and the beaver. Looks like a lot of very nice pieces.

6. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Dave, congratulations on your BOC !! It was well deserved. Fix your very small issues, and get it ready for the next show somewhere....great things will come.

7. ElkinsTaxidermy

Vincent....many thanks to you!! I'm sure some more Ohio boys will be at the North Carolina Convention! Casey...many congratulations to you...on your well deserved awards, and for the work you and the board (and all involved) did to put on a whale of a show. I really enjoyed the show, and am charged up to get back to work. Thanks to all.

8. ElkinsTaxidermy

Re: Thanks OTA

I agree!! It was a great show, with TONS of knowledge in the building. Thanks to all!!

9. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Re: OTA Conference Early Pictures

Yes, New Direction Photography does a GREAT job for us!

www.newdirectionphoto.com

10. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Re: Thanks OTA

Thanks for the nice comments. I TRIED to tell people to be at the show. ;D

11. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Thank you Vincent for coming...and sharing your knowledge with us. come back!

12. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Great job on that deer Dave!

13. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

The QUALITY at the show was pretty outstanding.

14. Re: Ohio Taxidermists Association convention award winners / WITH PICS

Nice show, I really need to make it next year.

Gregg I

15. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    OTA Deer Blind Contest Results & Pictures

The 2013 OTA Deer Blind Contest was a blast again this year ! We had 10 great guys enter this contest this year.
    The first round, all the contestants had to build an ear butt in 5 minutes while being blind folded. The winners moved on to the second round and had to build two ear butts in 5 minutes. Those winners moved on to the third round and had to build an ear butt and set one eye while being blindfolded in 6 minutes. Then for the championship both guys had to build two ear butts and set set two eyes while being blindfolded within 7 minutes. I forgot to mention that winners were decided by being judged by Bryan Eppley and Dan Clark .
    And the winner for the contest was Neil Fowler.
    For prizes for this contest, the winner got an acrylic award and $100.00 Second & third place got $50.00 each
    This contest was a big hit again this year and we are already planning for next years event.
    I even learned some ear butt techiques during this contest, something new that we have never seen before !!
    We learned how some West Virginia taxidermist use a new placement spot on the skull when building their ear butts !LOL If you will look real close in the last picture, you will see what I mean. HAHAHA
    Congrats to everybody and thanks for taking part in this !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio

2013 OTA Dart Competition hosted by Rod Tennant, Jim Tucker & Lee Maxwell. These dart games always took place after midnight !!! This made for some early mornings, as anyone who saw me first thing in the morning can vouch for !! LOL Some challenges from some boys from that state up north have already been set, so they better be practicing before next year !! ;D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Blinsky

Blinsky New Member

18. OTA Deer Blind Contest Results & Pictures

Looks like lots of fun. Congrats Neil

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

19. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Re: OTA Deer Blind Contest Results & Pictures

Billy Billy Billy What was you doing putting in that ear in the deers eye sockit LOL :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D And I think you still got thrird place, That shows you how bad I was 8)

20. Re: OTA Deer Blind Contest Results & Pictures

That's the extreme ear forward look lol