1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

what mounts are really for

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by lizardguts, Jan 14, 2013.

1. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

[​IMG]

2. That's hilarious, I was actually wondering about cats/pets around mounts, is this common lol to lounge on a mount?

3. mikehurt88

mikehurt88 Member

That does look pretty comfy...then again I would think the brow tines would be stabbing that cat right in the belly haha

4. Now that is funny. I hope it has a good hanger, I can see it twisting and falling to the ground when the cat jumps off.

5. backstapwillie

backstapwillie 2011 Montana Bow kill

I had a pet coon for a very SHORT while until he did this one time. He didn't stick around long! ;)

6. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Only when the owner sets them there for a 'funny' photo ...

The only thing that interests some of my Cats regarding mounts, is the tall grass on the habitats! Cats love grass! ;D

7. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

You're right John, it's probably set up. Still funny though =)

I know my cats would lay on any reachable mounts, it's why I keep my stuff in one room behind a closed door. Fact of life: if it's physically possible, a cat WILL lay on it. Even if it's just a sheet of paper on the floor.

8. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Probably not set up. I had a cat that did the same damn thing. She's dead now, but she would run across the back of a 12ft gator, jump on the back of a table pedestal mount that sits on a bench and on up to a wall mount. Position herself just like this one. That's where she would sleep. Never could break her from doing it, so I finally gave up and let her be. She did it initially because Harley(bulldog) would chase her if they both were in the shop at the same time. He couldn't get to her up there, so he would bark at her until I kicked him out the door. Worse than kids.

9. AJH

AJH Member

If my cat did that, he would be my next project, then placed there permanently!! LOL

10. The cat looks pretty realistic.. never heard of using a whitetail as a base for a cat, but okay.

Either that, or the cat is just trying badly to hide its prey. :)

11. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

I just discovered one of my cats chewed the whiskers off of my bobcat mount :'( Good thing it wasn't a customers piece...I can always transplant some at a later date, perhaps my cats can donate theirs as retribution for their crime?

12. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

My sisters cat use to do that in my parents house but only with my elk. He would jump and bounce off a filing cabinet and onto my elk. Would lay on the forhead and across the eye guards. Couple zaps with the squirt bottle took care of that problem though.

13. Great story, I can totally picture that in my mind, lol! :)

14. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Its got a helping hands hanger system ;-)