1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

So you think if you don't join the NTA, it will dry up?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Jan 16, 2013.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Yes, Marty. Two different organizations. The Illinois UTA was a rouge attempt to start something to contrast the ITA. It failed.

2. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

You know, I wasn't gonna post on this but I can't help myself. First, the people that have failed the membership is the BOARD!! Don't be mistaken! It's the Boards responsibility to execute their duty of care and duty of loyalty. The Boars members that made an attempt to execute their duties have either quit or were kicked out. The remaining 'cult' are in place to do one thing, protect the Crains. Nothing more, nothing less. And George, the Crains CAN be fired WITHOUT pay.
    You have to ask yourself why not a single member of the board has asked for a tax return, a profit loss statement or anything else concerning the finances of the NTA!! I asked and was told there wasn't one. If that is the case then how does the Crains get paid? It explicitly states that one has to be produced if requested. If they don't produce one then they are in contempt of their contract and can be FIRED without pay because of their breech. But no one will stand up and demand that the Crains fulfill their contract! Why?? Because the Bylaws are fashioned to protect the ED and mix with that the members of the good ol boy club then nothing gets done!
    It's time for them to go!!'

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

In spite of networking, and benefits of attending their shows, here are some financial reasons to be a member of the UTA:

*Jonas Supply Company - 25% off on all foam products ( 1 time annually )
    * Dixieland Taxidermy Supply - 10% off all orders by a UTA member
    * Research Mannikins - 25% off all foam products with coupon ( 1 time annually )
    * Matuska Taxidermy Supply - 10% off on all orders by a UTA member
    * Quality Fur Dressing - 10% off first order, free clearance for out of country on first shipment and 10% order rebate on all referrals
    * Taxidermy Reference by Kenneth Bauman - 15% discount on any photo reference set
    * Jim Allred Taxidermy Supply - 10% of all foam products (mannikins)
    * Trufitt Mannikins - 25% off foam products with coupon ( 1 time annually )
    * Preservation Specialties - 5% off Preservation Specialties Hide Paste
    * Anglers Artistry/Newton Supply (Epo-Grip) - 10% off orders direct to Epo-Grip
    * Tony Finazzo Bird Heads - 10% discount

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Fred, you misunderstood or just as likely, I misquoted the fact. Whatever I said, it should have read, IF THE EXISTING CONTRACT IS LEGAL, they can't be fired without paying them the balance of the contract. Personally, I don't think that contract would stand up in a kangaroo court, much less the legal system.

I also disagree with you about the bylaws. I don't see anything in there "protecting" them but as you pointed out, the board is ball less and refuse to take back their responsibilities and demand compliance that the ED works for THEM (as in EMPLOYEE) and not the other way around. As per the bylaws and that hoaky "contract" he's hired to insure day to day operations. He's not allowed to poll the board or instigate actions about anyone who sits on the board. If he were in the private sector and pulled that crap he'd be on a soup line tomorrow.

5. Harry Whitehead

My name is Harry, George, not Fred. Anyway, yes, the By Laws ARE designed to protect the ED. In most organizations a simple majority of the board is needed to move on a motion. The NTA requires a 2/3 vote. The same old board members are being rotated in and out of the Board but always a 2/3 majority is maintained. I don't want to get into a discussion about all of that because it really doesn't matter at this point. What does matter is that the current Board members need to do what is right and exercise the wishes of the membership and get rid of the Crains. An investigation also needs to be done concerning the financing of the NTA. Also, the way the contract reads the Crains CAN be dismissed for misconduct WITHOUT pay!!!!

6. Oh my god that was funny!!!

7. Harry, Ole buddy I wish you had not said that it falls on the board.

You, Fred, George, Manny and so many more of you have been on the board and when the going got tuff, there was not anyone tuff enough to hang in and fix it.

Sometimes you have to hang in there, sometimes its hard but has to be done.

8. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

John.......two thirds......get it? No one man with the might of a bull can over power two thirds.

9. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Two thirds or two turds?

10. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Sorry Harry, but I fail to see how the 2/3 majority favors the ED. Now if you're saying that it allows the BOARD to screw over the organization by limiting the voting, you're right, but as you noted, that's the Board's fault for allowing that to happen. I've seen Bill Haynes "poll" the board and only go to the "YES MEN" and not bother to question others simply because he'd gotten his 2/3. That's JUST what happened with that contract.

Now you were there after that fiasco with the contract and it may have changed since I saw it. If they can fire him, so be it, but we both know they don't have balls to try that either.

And before you get so spry all of a sudden HARRY, try to remember I'm on YOUR SIDE here and not defending what's happened and what's happening in any way. Most of all, I'm on the MEMBERSHIP'S SIDE however.

John, what Harry means by that is that if you notice, there's always been a revolving door of certain board members. Al Holmes openly stated several times that it was "his year to be off the board" so that at least he or Archie Phillips would be there. Probably the best chance we ever had was when Tony Finazzo, Danny Owens, Brenda Duvall and Craig Lewis were there, but by that time we had 13 board members and there was no way of getting the 2/3 Harry speaks about. ESPECIALLY with that bullspit "Immediate Past President" sitting there with a vote.

I heard Joe Kaiser resigned from the board, but from his history, I figure there was something in it for him or he wanted out before the you-know-what hit the Westinghouse. I don't believe in leopards changing their spots. Wanna bet any money that Frankie Thompson or Bill Haynes doesn't get elected NTA President next year?

11. Harry Whitehead

John, I don't think ANYONE has gone to the lengths that Fred and I have. When it came time to put the MONEY on the table it seems that's when people gave up. I'm not bashing anyone but Fred and I did this for a reason. Most everyone else quit just because they gave up. We quit because when the powers that be become involved and the BOARD becomes liable for things that have happened we didn't want to be a part of that. We thought it would be better to do it from the outside. Wether that was a smart decision or not still remains to be seen.
    George, I'm not trying to argue with you at all. I KNOW that you and I are on the same side. I was just trying to clarify some things. I'm glad you explained the revolving door on the Board, couldn't have done better myself!!!

12. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

" almost killed it (the NTA) with the Affiliation, but when some of the old boneheads finally admitted the impact and stopped the program, the NTA squeaked through."

LOL! ahhhh... ahem, ahem who? what? :eek: This is all very funny now! ;)

Jeff

13. boarzhead

boarzhead God created man... Samuel Colt made them equal!

I would have said here get on my shoulders and I will walk you around. That mount was Incredible!

14. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Wow! Drop by after being gone for a few years and its like I never left! Lol!