1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Just Plain Frustrated!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by RWTAXIDERMY, Jan 20, 2013.

1. roonie

roonie Member

why not pick up some commercial work from some of the other guys that have too much....say within a 200mi radius. Build bases on the side and sell to other taxidermists. If you are the creative person you think you are then simply diversify. Drop the phone book add. You will mostly get tire kickers anyway. Just my two cents worth and trying to help. good luck. Never loose the faith instilled in you from birth.

2. i have already thought of this and it backfired. too much work doesnt seem to be a problem for any taxidermist i know in Indiana.....everybody is a taxidermist for $15...almost thinking we have more taxidermist than we have gas stations....theres one around every corner!!

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

Don't give up, continue to improve your quality and let that speak for itself. Make sure everyone that leaves your shop is happy with the work, and the work will come in eventually. I would consider raising your prices and concentrate on your quality. Everytime I raise mine, I get more work and better clients to work with so I know it works. Numbers around here were very good this year, but I know this isn't the case everywhere. It's a tough business at times and you have to be efficient and keep one step ahead of everyone around you. Make yourself and your work standout above all others. I know for a fact that sooner or later even some of the cheap clients come around and open their eyes!(LOL)

4. 24/7

24/7 New Member

I guess their was enough work to go around in my area this year
    I went up on my prices this year and it didnt seam to detour any business. Got all i wanted and turned down the last two weeks of the season. Most others in my area seam to have done well also. The number of taxidermist localy seams to keep pricing compedative but turnaround time seams to be a big factor around hear. Most dont blink at a compedative price but always ask "how long?" I strive for qualiy but try to stay within a reasonable turnaround time and think it has payed off for me.