1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird of the week #1/2013

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by rai_red, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Wow, thanks Rainer! Since I finally have some birds to work on you'll be seeing more from me soon.

Falco, as ever your raptors absolutely kill me!

2. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Thanks alot for your comments folks.. thats very nice of you.
    that eagle took about 3 extra hours than a regular eagle... it was a bit of a stitching and fixing. but the good thing was that everything was there,, nothing was missing and I always tell the clients too, : As long as everything is there, it should come together again.
    Rainer, that eagle owl,, is sweet,.. its at least 15 yrs from when I mounted the last one,, in the old country.
    Thanks all.

3. babak

babak Active Member

rainer ,very nice mount !!!

that woody is TOO beautiful,W.H.

4. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Man!!! Again you guys and those birds of prey, I am jealous and hope one day I can mount one just for fun.
    Just another Mandarin for me.

[​IMG]

5. RedTx

RedTx Member

Just a ringer that I felt, at least for me, I did an OK job. I still feel I have a long ways to go to match most of the work found on these BOW threads.

[​IMG]

6. A couple of Ring Neck Pheasants

Attached Files:

7. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Nice work everyone!

8. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Wolfgang, I think I dont need to annotate your birds again and again, they are all a pleasure for everyones eyes,
    RedTx, that ringer is fine, well done, go on doing such good work,
    Marty, really good motion in your composition,

Rainer.

9. CR

CR New Member

Hey KMA, does Jason Grady have a website????

10. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Thanks for the compliments!!
    Here is a pair of Canvasbacks that went out the door a couple weeks ago..

[​IMG]

11. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gradys-Taxidermy-Sculptures/158967424136334

12. wings II

wings II New Member

No website unfortunately - but here is his contact information. :)

Grady's Taxidermy and Scupltures
    519 Jackson Road 347
    Bradford, AR72020-9686
    (501) 345-3337

Brian, that Canvasback piece is AWESOME!
    - Matt

13. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

a peregrine

Attached Files:

14. Jorlan

Jorlan New Member

:eek: Wolfgang you're my hero.

15. JBird

JBird Member

Just cause I aint postin doesn't mean I aint watchin ! ;D HOLY WOW !! Great everyone - I've been blessed with the fortunate problem of being helplessly buried in work - which means I should have some images to post soon - but in the meantime - you can't buy entertainment like this - really outstanding.

Falco - you are SICK - I like to convince myself that you are horribly deformed, have trouble getting dressed in the morning and don't know how to drive a car - that seems like the only way having that much talent would be fair to the rest of of us mere mortals. I literally almost hate you because of how good you are. I can only say such things because I know Pat has spent time with you and sadly - says you are very nice and very normal (dangit) just rediculously talented. BTW I have a project that has your name written all over it - you should email me :eek:

KMA - GORGEOUS (duh) its been a while since I've seen one of those lab heads - I love the effect. I'm just waiting for some creepy taxidermist to use a REAL lab someday (shivers)

Wolfgang - are those birds you have raised? says a lot about your aviaries - STUNNING specimens - and equally as beautiful work. You have a real knack for artistic compesition on the whole (base, habitat and mount) although your style is much your own, the effect reminds me of Stefan Savides - your a real artist.

Red Tex - You shouldn't be comparing yourself to anyone but yourself - you have a genuine talent. In my humble opinion you get A's on anatomy, detail, finish work and grooming - if you cast that rock then WOW.

Rai Red - you are doing a fantastic job hosting and love your start posts and subsequent posts - (have you thought about doing that eagle yet? I can't wait to see it) Are you going to mount that huge mute swan you shot this season? now THAT'S a beast (your flying owl is really spectacular)

Taxos - you could tell me that's a photo of a real bird and I'd totally believe it - your detail work is astonishing.

Jim - great ringneck and snow goose - I love the power stroke on the landing goose - makes me want to have a gun in my hand ;o)

Feather - same for you - that "in coming snow" gots my blood a boilin. Really like the standing mount as well - VERY clean and smooth - outstanding grooming job on that bad boy

Rough Legged - i assume you've raised those before (is that a dark throat golden?) you captured the attitude of a hormone induced male lookin to impress his lady spot on - you don't see pheasant "pairs" mounted often - beautiful idea

Marty - is it just me or does that squatting bird look like it has one HELLOVA tail on it - can't beat a good cockfight. Fun piece - great action.

Keep em commin guys - its my favorite part of the day when I can sneak on the site and see who and whats been posted on BOTW -

Jeff

-

16. TROPHY SHACK

TROPHY SHACK Phillip cole

Mine for the week

Attached Files:

17. Brian - everytime you post I have a new favorite of yours. Great job on the Canvasbacks :)

Taxos - that Falcon looks alive - I figure if I stare at it long enough it will finally flinch and fly off !!

Trophy Shack - great mount!!

Been getting some nice pics from Bo Nielsen - Flight Feather Taxidermy out of Loveland, Colorado. Here is one of a few I plan to share. Thanks Bo !!

[​IMG]

18. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Jeff, you got it right, in fact , every morning when I get up it does take me half an hour to realize who I am an where I am,, does that count for being retarded ;D
    I will email you .

19. Jeff I have to agree he seems like a very humble person :D

20. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Out the door.....

Attached Files: