1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird of the week #1/2013

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by rai_red, Jan 21, 2013.

1. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Holy shit, what is going on here ?
    I think you all have waited with sending your best mounts of the last year.
    Rick, I still commented your peregrine in "what is on you workbench ", it is wonderful, I think I have to come around the corner to the Netherlands and bring you my pair, that I have got from a falconeer to mount for me
    Trophy, your canadian looks great, I have shooten only one here in Germany but did not mount it
    Walnut, that redhead deadmount is really good and I am very sad, that it is too expensive for me as a hobby-taxidermist, to let you send some of your fantastic podestals
    and Rich, I love pintails and yours look fine,

Oh Jeff, I did not do the eagle yet, because I have not got the feathers from Karin till now and I am sorry to tell you, that I dont mount swans, because the are too big for my trophy room and I dont know, if I could do them really good looking, they are h u g e !!!

Rainer

2. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I am glad BOTW is off to a great start. I love seeing all the great posts of everyones work. There is some awesome talent out there. Here is one I just finished up for a client and ready for delievery. Take care, Paul.

[​IMG]

3. falco

falco Trapping is fun

The Canvas back looks awesome,, just a higher quality photo would make it shine more.

4. TROPHY SHACK

TROPHY SHACK Phillip cole

Thanks for the kind words guys the customer was very happy with the Canadian

5. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Well-Known Member

Hello Falco and thanks for the nice complement. P.S. I edited my post and added a new pictures. This one is alot better, Paul.

6. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Good morning taxidermiy friends and lovers of taxidermy all around the world.
    Today starts the second week for me to host BOTW and I only can say WOW, what a great first week.
    I wonder, if it will be able to top, but I am sure, we all will do our best, to share some fantastic mounts this coming week too.
    I dont have anything to post today because I dont know which of my birds will be good enough to be shown here with all your incredible mounts.
    So, let me see some more of your work and I will think about, what I will offer to you the next few days,

Rainer.

7. OOS

OOS New Member

Hi guys! Great work all!
    My modest contribution
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

I love the goose oos!

9. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

What kind of goose is that?

10. JBird

JBird Member

LOVE THE URAL OWL - one of my favorite species - SOOOOO jealous - you did a great job on that ;)

11. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    giveem3 steve,this is bean goose (anser fabalis), we usually have the form, weighing up to 4.5 kg

12. OOS

OOS New Member

Bean Goose(Anser fabalis).Спасибо RusTax.Приятно видеть земляков на форуме. :)

13. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Hey folks, what is on with you, are you hibernating or why dont you share some more photos with us ?
    I think, I will wake you up in the evening and post a photo of a mount, I finished yesterday.
    OOS, fantastic mounts, I love the caper and the bean goose and of course the Strix uralensis,

Rainer.

14. falco

falco Trapping is fun

picture wont do the justice,,,but this was the biggest Baldy I have ever done..
    Hit on the road.
    Not my favourite pose,, its simple and nothing dramatic but very majestic .

[​IMG]

15. Here's a few I finished recently for a couple of my buddies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Yes Ben, you are right, nothing special with your bald eagle, you should throw it into the waste.

No !!!, it is great, so smooth and every feather on the place where it has to be, I wish, I had a little of your talent or could come to you and learn how to do such fantastic mounts.

And as I told you in the morning, here is something I finished yesterday, a raven, that was skinned in the freezer since 1991. I dont want to show, because it is nothing, when you see birds like that eagle, but I told to do and so, here it is,

Rainer.

Attached Files:

17. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Oh, there have been 2 new replies while writing my own.
    Nice ducks Cripplecreek, you know that I love ducks. That dead mount composition is really good, I think I should try to do one in the future, too.

Rainer

18. squealer

squealer New Member

Still learning... completed a few ducks but this is my first goose.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

It's quite the adventure to come here and see the tremendous work put out by you all. Not much could compare to that Eagle, what a beautiful mount!
    Ranier there is nothing wrong with that big black bird, especially being that old .Nice job to all.

20. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

I love the eagle!