1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

anyone ever used the paint on wipe on antler paint

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jkjohn, Jan 21, 2013.

1. jkjohn

jkjohn New Member

just wondering if anyone has tryied the " paint on wipe off " antler paint from mckenzie?

2. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Yes they work awesome

3. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    Im pretty sure its just acrylic. Works good thinned with rubbing alcohol or water.

Droid Baby!!!

Shut up and mount

4. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

5. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

theguyyouknowtaxidermy The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

If you are trying to use it for wheathered antlers that are white and chalky it is no walk in the park. I just did a set that was found in a creek bed for God knows how long. I was having trouble getting it to look right, so i that I would try to get back the hard enammal look of a heathy antler. I took high gloss white spray paint, painted the whole thing and let it dry. Then I went back with the burnt umber and rubbing alcohol and did a wash technique. It does not look too bad although I am not completly happy. If I was to do it again I would try adding just a shade of camel to the burnt umber.

6. reddogloki

reddogloki New Member

I just finished using them, like them so far. A little goes a long way.

7. johnnyb

johnnyb Member

They work pretty good. On rebuilt tines, I always start with an airbrush white base coat and then start with the colors and you should be good to go.

8. I seal with a clear matte between color applications so if you make a mistake you can wipe it offer without affecting previous color.........John