1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Help for a true Beginner in MI, this is a contest/mentor program

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by R. Follis, Jan 22, 2013.

1. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

I am offering some help to a beginner, the contest will start today Jan-22 and go till this weekend, ending on
    Jan-27. I will keep tabs on this post of all the people that are interested, Just post ( I'm in ) and I will put your name in a hat and draw the winner on Sunday. (no PM's please) This is for someone that is looking to learn more about mounting a whitetail deer head. Here is the catch, you need to supply some of your own material ( Cape, Eyes, Ear Liners, & mannequin ) We will start with a green cape for you to learn on till the end of the mounting proprocess. I am by no means a Bill Yox or Rick Carter but do compete and have some red,white & blue's in pro under my belt. This will help you do some good commercial mounts. I am in the Sterling Hts area so if your close and would like to learn more, please post. (and join your state Association) We will do this on weekends only.

2. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

I forgot, I will post the winner on Monday. Good luck to all who participate.

3. sounds great what weekend?? i think it would be an honer to do this. Hour to hour 1/2 drive for me I'm game count me in

4. tom k

tom k New Member

Put me on the list. Thanks Tom K

5. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

It will be over a few weekends, I will do this in steps with the winner.

6. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

Thanks for Helping someone to learn.

7. Matt

Matt Active Member

That's a great thing you are doing right there. I am sure you will have alot of takers on it.

8. dwalls

dwalls New Member

I'm in. Thank you.

9. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

You know how it was when we all first started doing this, lots of ( what do you mean) I know I have spent good money for what I know and I think it is time to help someome out. But I thought I would have more takers?

10. danalley1

danalley1 New Member

Be right back.....checking how long of a drive from Dayton, Ohio to Sterling Mich.. :)

11. danalley1

danalley1 New Member

I'm in...(only 4 hrs 13 min/243.31 mi.) I dont work weekends and the wife says "go for it". I think she likes the house to herself once in awhile. Lol
    Very generous proposition you are offering here! The inconvenience of the mileage/travel time to me, doesn't outweigh the opportunity....what the hay, you only live once, right!?

12. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

WOW, I would of thought more people would take advantage of this. This could be a good opportunity. For all of you that have replied so far your odds look pretty good.

13. Morel Man

Morel Man New Member

I'm in! Thanks for the chance.

14. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

Five people on the list so far with one day left.

1) natures way jeff
    2) tom k
    3) dwalls
    4) danalley1
    5) morel man

15. Turkey Neck Taxidermy

Turkey Neck Taxidermy No Deer Is To Small To Mount!!!

I wish someone around me would do this i would jump right in!!! This is awesome

16. wudyaget

wudyaget New Member

Please add me to the list. The opportunity you are offering is unheard of and I appreciate your generosity. Best of luck to everyone and congrats to the winner!

17. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

Your added

18. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

We have a winner and gool luck to all of you that did not win. The winner is ( Natures Way Jeff ) congrats and I will send you a PM with all the info so we can get started.

19. dwalls

dwalls New Member

Congratulations Jeff and thank you for giving everyone this opportunity R.Follis.

20. danalley1

danalley1 New Member

Well, finally the suspense is over! lol Congratulations Jeff, enjoy the opportunity and looking forward to some pics of the work!

R.Follis, thanks for the chance! Hats off to you for stepping up to help someone out! God bless...