1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Chris Barnhardt passing

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by rickey logan, Jan 22, 2013.

1. I am so sorry to hear such sad news. Chris was a great guy. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

2. full fan

full fan New Member

Thoughts & prayers to his family.

3. WST

WST New Member

Chris taught the very first seminar that I sat in on. He was always a big part of our shows here in Virginia and he will be truly missed. He was a kind and gracious man full of talent.
    God speed buddy.

4. tommy70

tommy70 New Member

Prayers to his family....what a terrible loss!!

5. Such tragic news. This past year has taken so many of our talented taxidermy family. Chris and the McKenzie boys were always good for a lot of laughs and pranks back in the day! He was an all around good man.
    Chris and I send our condolences to the loved ones Chris has left behind.

6. Heaven gained a great artist.But we lost a great friend.

7. mammal man

mammal man New Member

Chris will be highly missed!!! He encouraged me to push myself to compete at higher levels.. He was always willing to offer advice in a constructive way....I Know he was that way with everyone. Always a pleasure to be around.. I was glad to call him my friend... He will be truely missed.

8. Chris was a close friend and mentor. I learned a lot from him and anyone who spent any amount of time with him could say the same. He was always willing to share his knowledge and was a honest and caring person. I was lucky to have been able to work along side of him on projects at his shop. Chris was truly a "Good Ol Boy" he always said he was born in the wrong era. We have all lost a good friend in the taxidermy industry today, But he will live on through all the knowledge he has given to all of us who knew him. Love ya buddy RIP

Attached Files:

9. John Patrick

John Patrick New Member

deeply saddened - thoughts and prayers for his family

10. Really do not know what to say. I just saw and talked to him three weeks ago. This is very sad and we will miss you buddy.

11. Rest in Peace Chris. You will be missed

12. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

When your time comes your judged by what you have done yesterday not what you where going to do tomorrow . . . sounds like Chris did all his yesterdays the right way. God Bless him and his family. So sad.

13. GA Taxidermist Assoc

GA Taxidermist Assoc New Member

[size=10pt]There are no words that can express how sorry we are to hear about the death of our dear friend, Chris Barnhardt. He was one of the friendliest people you’ll ever meet. Chris was a genuinely good person; humble and always willing to help anyone. We lost not only one of the best taxidermists of the world but also a loyal friend. Chris was one of the best and if you had the opportunity to know Chris personally you too will know this to be true. May God comfort the hearts of his family and friends during these difficult times. You will always be missed, Chris![/size]

14. EA

EA Well-Known Member

My Prayers and Condolences to Chris' Family and Friends.

15. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

I never met or spoke with Chris but judging by all accounts he was one hell of a guy. My condolences to family and friends.

16. catman

catman Active Member

This is a tough one. Being away in Reno, I have not been up on news. Vincent called me yesterday and filled me in. It has not fully sunk in yet. Chris was a no doubt a "country boy". He was as genuine a person as you could find. While judgeing the NC show a couple years back, I was amazed at the scope of his influence. There were so many guys that had learned from Chris. During critiques, guys would say things like " Chris said you would ding me for that" or after an atta boy, they would smile and state"Chris taught me that". He was like a big brother to so many other taxidermists and you could tell they truly loved him. It was clear to see how much of himself he gave to others. There really is no greater calling.
    When I first knew Chris, he was fighting some of the same demons I had stuggled with. I was so pround of him to know that he was able to quit drinking the next time I saw him. I know the loss of his father was far more difficult than he wanted to share. Too often the pain we experience from deep wounds, rob us from the joy we were meant to have. Chris mounted a zebra that I shot for the 2009 world show. I have it in my house and will always cherish it. Although I was not in close contact with Chris, I always felt a strong connection to him when we were in the same place. I fully plan on playing music with him when my days are up. While he is already missed here, we have the hope of seeing him again. The stuggle is over and I for one am just a bit jealous as I know he is having a big time right now.

17. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Catman, your statement about not being in close contact with Chris but feeling a strong connection really says a lot about Chris. I felt the same and so many others have said similar things. It is a rare and special kind of person that can be so genuine and make so many people feel that connection and like they really matter. His impact on our lives is so much deeper than what he did as a taxidermist.

18. One of the best taxidermist and nicest person you will ever meet. I took several seminars Chris taught and he always would take time to share his knowledge and experience. We truly have lost a great friend and we will all miss him RIP

19. This is truly a sad time in the Taxidermy business. Chris was so talented. In my opinion he was one of the top, best, in this biz. And to see him & meet him, you would never know it. A friendly, humbled laid back guy that never let his notoriety get the best of him. I guess that's what made Chris so special to everyone.

There was a time a couple years ago I was in the process of molding a form and getting it copyrighted. Myself and Rick Robson went to Chris's shop and Chris spend a good 8 hours with me/us explaining what I needed to do, all the legal stuff, etc. Chris had nothing to gain from this but spent a solid 8 hours with us and was glad to share his knowledge. That was the type of person Chris was. Never , ever in my life time will someone come along in this business like Chris Barnhardt.

Simply said, for the ones of us that was honored to know him, we had a true friend.

In the coming days, months and years Chris will be missed at many Taxidermy shows through out the country. But his legacy will live forever.

So long my friend...until we meet again.....

Teddy Speas

20. TCockerham

TCockerham New Member

Those of us from Surry Community College who knew Chris through the annual Mini-Course are so sad to hear of his passing. He was a kind, gentle man who helped make the TMC a special event each year for the taxidermy industry. He was so willing to help and encourage new taxidermists, to share his vast expertise and talent, and to do whatever he could to help with the event.

All of us at Surry will definitely miss him in coming years. We will remember him as the tall, lanky man with a genuine smile who always wore black and always wore long sleeves! Last year, we had a long-sleeve teeshirt made especially for him. I'm so glad we did that.

Our sympathy is extended to Chris's family and to all the taxidermists who knew Chris as a friend.