1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Chris Barnhardt passing

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by rickey logan, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

I've stayed away from this for a while but with much sorrow feel that I had to say something. But no words can express the loss of such a good friend. Reading all your replies through tear filled eyes. I was truly honored to know Chris & spend so much time with him. Theres barely a room in my house that doesn't have a reminder of him in it. I'm gonna miss ya, Mr. Chris.

2. We could all learn from Chris and how he lived his life. So sad that we have lost so much talent. God bless Chris and his family, along with our taxidermy family.

3. Dangitboy

Dangitboy Member

If you ever had a chance to meet Chris and have a conversation with him. Two things were going to happen, you were going to learn something you didn't know, the other was you were going to be laughing at a joke he told. He is going to be deeply missed. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Phil, you just said a lot, and thank you. You expressed it in a way I couldn't have.

5. brettdef

brettdef Member

Sometimes things happen that you just don't understand and you may never have an answer for. I have been thinking for the past few days about this and I guess this is one of those times. I have known Chris only for a few years but its been a pleasure. I have found myself in the last few days trying to make sure that I am not dreaming and all of this is just a nightmare. Chris was a very special person and has touched many lives through this profession that we all seem to love. I will carry with me the times he and I shared and the talks we had at a show. He will be a part of so many lives in the future even though he is gone. I will miss you my friend and I will always remember the times we shared. Terri and I will be praying for everyone that is effected by this passing.

Brett and Terri DeFreitas

6. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    What terrible news

We were all together three weeks ago
    Chris taught me so much about taxidermy,
    But even more about how precious it is to help people
    Going to miss you brother

May God be with the family with support and comfort

Carl Lewis

7. Sad year for the taxidermy family. We are not a large group and when something like this happens its really sad.

Condolences to the family.

8. I never got know Chris as much as I wished. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

9. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

This is very sad news. I had the honor of meeting Mr. Barnhardt at the UTNY Convention 2012. It was easy to see that he was a kind hearted soul and very gifted at his art. I'm sure he will be missed by all, as this is a tremendous loss to our industry. Rest in peace sir.

-Fred Barilla

10. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

I had never meet Chris but by the many responses to this post he was well thought of by many of his friends on this post.
    My hope is that all his friends may sometime see him again when our time comes to join our heavenly Father.
    The memories of his contributions and kindnesses will live on.
    Condolenses to his family.

11. Well, for those who were not there or heard, the ceremony that put Chris to rest was one of the most personal and respectful a person could ask for. He was lain to rest in a simple, well built pine coffin, (Thank You very much Mr. Calloway) that went from his shop where his wife and children met the est. 300 plus, to a shady plot next to a pond on their property. A simple way to go for a simple, but then again not so simple man. Those in who have been in the industry for any measureable period of time know what a loss we have incurred in the way of talent and knowledge with Chris and also Brian Harness.

Two of the premier small mammal folk we had. Regardless of opinions held for these men, we can celebrate and honor their lives through our work, by turning our sorrow to inspiration, striving for the level of achievement they reached.

Thank you for all your contributions to the industry.
    You are sorely missed. God Speed.
    [​IMG]

12. Never met Chris but have always admired his work. R.I.P.

13. catman

catman Active Member

I just read the tribute from Ken's corner. I teared up again. Chris was an amazing guy and I for one am going to miss him a lot. Ken, you did an oustanding job with the tribute.