1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

lifesize deer ?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by dewittrhino660, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ? For u lifesize guys got my early Sept. Buck back from the tannerry and measured it up and got 7.5x16x40x79 in mckenzie the closest form I could find in length is 71 buck everything else mesured way to big I measured tip of nose to base of tail without stretching hard was thinking of going 7x18.5x39.5x59.75 and altering the neck but would like ur opinions also he will be in a bedded pose with incision on belly side thanks and any help would be appreciated

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

You will not find a perfect fitting life size form, you make them fit. If you do find one that fits the first time, you can go home early that day. No matter what size you measure the skin, it will change when you go to test fit it on the form. Find a form close to the size you need, test fit the skin, then alter the form to fit the skin. That is how you do it.

3. dcooper

dcooper Member

When you took your measurememnts, did you first stretch it width wise? The length seems very long. If you stretch it wide, the length should reduce and give you a larger girth. You will still likely have to make alterations, especially for the neck.

4. First off thanks low, I knew I wasn't gonna have a perfect fit but what's throwing me off is the 79 length that's really long and dcooper I strethched it lightly but nothing major, was wondering if that form would be a good pick for what I've got otherwise I can get the right neck but way smaller measurments the rest of the way around

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Go re visit the skin, and do as Cooper says, stretch it width wise, get a second body to help you stretch the skin, neck too. Then take the length size again. The seam on the bottom doesn't have to come together, it can be stapled with a gap like the back side of a fish mount, it is a plus if it can be sewn closed, but do what you think is right, or what you can get away with.

6. backstapwillie

backstapwillie 2011 Montana Bow kill

Your going to use up alot of that length by the time its stretched around the belly and the arm pits are tucked.

7. Riverland

Riverland New Member

If you would have takin carcass measurements and ordered your form accordingly you would be surprised how much loose skin there is. There is supposed to be extra. Grab a dog or cat by the neck how much loose skin is there.

8. Thanks everyone for ur help and imput ill try stretching the width alittle mote and see what I come up with