1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wish me luck with a possible new state record sheepshead.

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by akairman, Jan 23, 2013.

1. akairman

akairman New Member

Click the link to read my report. I don't know how close it will be, but its the absolute biggest I've ever seen. Got some great reference pictures too, as I plan to mold this beast.
    http://www.coastaloutdoors.com/ibf/index.php?showtopic=26671

2. boarzhead

boarzhead God created man... Samuel Colt made them equal!

Damn. Nice fish. Good luck

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

That ain't a sheephead. That's a freakin PIG. Congrats and good luck.

4. good luck, post photos after you possibly make a replica

5. Nice sheepshead.

6. BIGUN

BIGUN Member

I offically hate you now- sheepshead is my second favorite saltwater fish only to roosterfish ( I have a "farm" theme going don't I!). I have never seen one in real life- only pics. Congrats and I know you will do that monster justice- can't wait to see it! DS

7. akairman

akairman New Member

Long story short, I should have weighed it when I caught it. It weighed in at 13 lb's 6 oz's. So it was a little shy. I kept it on ice all night, and I was told that it contracts the tissue and squeezes water out of the fish. The guy at the DNR office thinks it would have been close. Oh well, still have a story and one heck of a fish. The 14 lb. 4 oz record stands.

8. boarzhead

boarzhead God created man... Samuel Colt made them equal!

Oh well. Still a record in your books and mine. Maybe honorable mention for 2013 or 2012 whenever you caught it.