1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

form for 185 lb 9 point. wall pics included

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Panhandler801, Jan 23, 2013.

1. This is my downstairs and it's pretty much one room... 34 x 24.
    >
    > The one glass door that you see is entrance door.* Wall for buck is half way into house from that door as you walk the 34' stretch.
    >
    > What do you think / recommend? Deer was shot in S Alabama. Only went 185 but he was a very stocky deer. Not much body length. Taxidermist said jaw binge is 4.5 year old. had tine not been broken I'm thinking 125 inches. 16 inches inside.

> He will be the only deer downstairs.

I'm kind of liking the 8400 right. This us the McKenzie semi upright with offset shoulder. would love to see what that looks like on a similar deer when looking straight at the wall, not straight into deer a face.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the deer and right our wrong he'll be getting a new g3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Talking about the wall directly above the bar. I have 9 foot ceilings, and about 5 feet above bar.

3. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Anything in a upright, semi upright or even a semi sneak left turn will look good there, height will not be an issue. Also I prefer the 8600 series over the 8400. ops, meant right turn.

4. Left turn? That would have him towards the stair case. You think that would be good idea. Seems like with the size of room and him in that corner he should be looking right.

5. Put him on an OTS semi sneak. Right turn .

6. OTS?

7. Matt

Matt Active Member

Whatever you decide, I would suggest an offset shoulder with that rt turn. That will look really sharp there.

8. Yeah.... I'm pretty much sold on an offset. Just trying to decide what form and semi upright or semi

Like the 8400, but just am not quite sold but can't put my finger on why that is.

9. Go with the 8400.That is by far my favorite form. Neck has a good swell and the shoulder/ brisket area is also very big.

10. Matt

Matt Active Member

The 8400 is a good choice, but the new OTS wall ped is an even better one.

11. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

You may not like this, But I say 6500 RT. or a 9800 wall pedestal rt or lt.

12. Monster Series from Tru-fit sculpted by Bill Lancaster. He sculpts off of the skeleton so they are as true as you can get.

13. Are you kidding me get that soda OFF THAT TABLE or put a coaster under it lol nice deer ...any pose with rt well look good in that spot

14. Tony Corleone

Tony Corleone New Member

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/51252246" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

15. I would go with the 6900

16. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Thats cuz they are just a bit off imo. I don't care for the 8400 much. Mounts up ok but just doesn't look right most of the time. Any offset semi-upright I don't really like. The semi sneak is the way to go with an offset shoulder unless you go with a wall ped then semi up, semi sneak, or up has nice choices out there. If my customers pick a semi sneak I'll show them the option of the offest shoulders but if they want a semi upright then I don't mention the offset unless they already picked it then I might try and talk them out of it. Just don't care for the semi up offests is all.

17. You.aren't going to make me mad! Came here for suggestions.

Uprights just make me a little nervous. I've never done a mount but I have seen more messed up looking uprights than anything else. Are they more difficult? Or are they the easiest, therefore a lot of your beginner mounts are uprights and reflect skills of a beginner?

what about my particular wall and deer draws you to the ped wall mount?

18. Thanks. I have also noticed that some semi sneaks / uprights are a lot sneakier and upright than others. Best I can tell is that the 8400 needs a pig of a deer before it really stats to look good. While my deer is nice, he's no giant through the neck and shoulder

19. Riverland

Riverland New Member

Panhandler I hope you spent the same amount of time picking out a taxidermist and viewing there work as you did deciding on the form for your deer. It takes more than just a form to make your trophy look good and and get it back in a reasonable time frame. Because I know there is nothing better than someone that comes into my shop and tells me what form number his mount should go on even though they have never mounted a deer before. All deer are different and some fit on certain suppliers forms better than others. Even ones shot off the same property can vary greatly due to many factors. You may want to pick your turn and pose and leave the supply company decisions to the taxidermist that knows what they can get the best result with for your deer with there style of what they do. Just something to consider ...

20. I hear you loud and clear! As far as how well did I pick out my taxi guy, I did not research that much. No opportunity. Property owner had his guy there with knife in hand when I pulled up. Was an invite trip so...

On that note I think I'm going to tell him the basics and let him do his thing