1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Which position best shows off the neck?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Morel Man, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Morel Man

Morel Man New Member

I am mounting my second deer this year. It had a huge, 26 1/2 inch neck and I want to show it off. The deer was at a full sneak when I shot it and wondered about getting that pose. But which pose best emphasizes the neck?

2. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

Semi sneak wall ped

3. shammy

shammy New Member

6900 semi-sneak series

4. HunterBrowning

HunterBrowning New Member

Anything but a full sneak and upright... The above mentioned will work well

5. JW

JW New Member

Wall ped. for sure in the semi sneak or my favorite the profile.

6. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

I concur!

7. Morel Man

Morel Man New Member

Thanks for all the input. I hadn't thought of pedestal. But I was thinking maybe semi sneak. I'll check into it.

8. bwilke

bwilke Member

I did one last year that had a 25" neck on a 6900 series from McKenzie and also one that had a 26" neck on a Revolution semi sneak Intimidator. Both looked very good and showed of the big swelled necks

9. Badgerland

Badgerland Quality taxidermy & quality deer capes.

Revolution is bar far the best/easiest mounting & will certainly work for what you want.

10. Morel Man

Morel Man New Member

Lots of ideas!

Thanks. As I've been searching catalogs, I've found myself having to first find one that has a form to fit a 26 inch neck. I am intrigued with the wall pedestal semi-sneak idea, but am having a hard time finding the neck to fit. Any suggestions on where to go to find a wall pedestal with the 26 inch neck? I really like the intimidator as well. You guys have given me a bunch of ideas to look into! Thanks!