1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the Week January 25, 2013

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by BillFromPa, Jan 25, 2013.

1. backstapwillie

backstapwillie 2011 Montana Bow kill

Those are nice bou!

2. Nice work Kyle all three look great!

That Matuska form has an sweet head! I like the shoulders too, I have only ever seen those as form only, but the look really natural and fleshy mounted up. Next deer I cant use one of our forms on I'm going to try one of theirs.

3. Very nice Kyle. I really like the ears on the last one. The cape on the second is absolutely gorgeous.
    I like the bou's also Hoytman.

4. Nice work Kyle! CLEAN! Down the road-

5. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Thanks everyone.

Ruddy. Yeah the heads on the matuskas are awesome!! My favorite head to mount on. They go together so nice on our deer. Fits like a glove with natural features combined with the OTS liners they make for a great head. They are no stunner of a bare form, very simple, but they mount up so nice. The boys here from WI sculpted a great form! Now they just need to get the offset shoulders going, haha. You will be happy when you use one thats for sure!! Tip though: If you are on the edge of any head sizes say deciding between 7 1/2 and 3/4 or any other sizes go with the smaller head. They tend to run a touch big with how nice and full they are I'll have another tuska done next week for the thread.

Briener. Doesn't look like I'm gonna make that show this year. Don't have much in the works and with getting a new shop Oct 31st and a house in Nov I'm behind and swamped with work. Gotta try and get my mulie and maybe a customer wt done for the wi show but all the farther I am right now is capes are tanned. Gonna be a struggle just to get em done in time. Planned on doing 3 or 4 pieces this year and going to WI and IA but just to much goin on this year. Should be there next year tho.

6. Mark in IL

Mark in IL New Member

Here is another Jacob's Four Horned I just finished up. They certainly are different.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Wow, some really nice work here!

Here is a pair of sheds I mounted a couple of weeks ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Nice work everyone. I posted this in the life size section but thought I would share on here as well. This is my first lifesize mount. It was fun and challenging as well.

Attached Files:

9. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

1 for the week

Attached Files:

10. that is one serious hair part that buck has going on.

11. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

I got one in this year with a serious mohawk down the front of his head. Looks like half the kids in HS these days haha

12. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

He is all business no play!!!

13. minehill

minehill New Member

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attached Files:

14. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Here's a couple that I've completed this season.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. nickq83

nickq83 Member

Matt Thompson 4100

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Heres a nice PA buck i did for my cousin, used deer leather our great gpa tanned back in the 30's to back it, added a little pyrography.....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attached Files:

18. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

Axis finished last week

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      59.8 KB
      Views:
  19. Michael Shipman