1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

rotating the eyes

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by skulley, Jan 26, 2013.

1. River, excellent tip. George, the mirror i would have never thought to do that. Now that is what makes taxinet so great! Thanks fellas.

2. I love the way you have this deer positioned, great idea with the wood base.

3. Thanks Jared. I gotta admit I am really anxious to mount this one. I have done one on the same form but without any alterations. I just really like the hard turn.

4. Here ya go....this is some old Vandykes presculpted eye thingy.....I placed it in a head down position, and placed an IQ 250 eye beside it with the pupil horizontal as it would level parallel with the ground (I should note that this is actually not the deers left eye but it was all I had at the house. I had three and they were all the right side but the only difference is that the correct one will have a more rounded bottom (more brown, Iris) and a little more white on the top, sclera.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now this will all change if he is looking at something, then he could rotate forward,back, down or up, or combinations of these in multiple planes....This will get you to a good starting point and understand why the white is showing where it does. I never knew why I kept those things and almost threw them away several times...but I knew they would come in handy some day ! Sorry about the poor cell phone pics

5. Thankyou Vince.