1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WELL, THE NTA HAS HIT A NEW LOW!!!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Harry Whitehead, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

You're not going to believe this one!!!! John Janelli, the NTA President, went to Reno to give a seminar and promote the NTA. He was to give this seminar with Board member Russell Knight. When John shows up to register for his room his NTA credit card had been shut down!!!! Greg Crain had put a stop to John's card (John's name is actually on the card) and didn't even tell him that he was not to use the card even though he was there on behalf of the NTA. Crain told John that he spoke with "5" past presidents and ALL of them said to pull the card!!! Well, I can probably guess 3 of the slimeballs that Crain spoke with. Frankie Thompson, Steve Wolk and Bill Haynes comes to mind in an instant but who is the other two?? AND WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE WHAT ANY OF THEM SAY??? THEY DON'T HAVE A DOG IN THE HUNT!!! On top of all of that, Greg Crain had a meeting with "certain" Board members which is illegal and nothing in the meeting would matter since the bylaws state that the President call ALL meetings. From what I am told Steve Wolk called the 'meeting' to order. WHO IS STEVE WOLK TO CALL ANYTHING???? These people are truly amazing!!!! Cindy Crane emailed out the minutes from the meeting (Carol Janelli who is the Secretary/ Treasurer was not invited) and the minutes didn't even reflect what was said!!!!!! I'll just tell you one thing right now, if Crain would have done me that way he would slip on a banana peel and come up with a fat lip!!!! How much longer is the membership going to put up with this Board??? Or the Crains???

2. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

Wow....... hi has been such a strong supporter, wonder if he can help turn the tide?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

4. Harry Whitehead

Believe me, He's trying...! He needs help and support from the membership!!! He's damn sure not getting it from the Board....!

5. Well they are doing some complete horse crap , John is an awesome guy that bleeds Taxidermy. This has got to be the last stupid movethat these outlaws pull.

Gregg Ielfield

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Harry, as you know, I've known about this from the beginning and so has a few others, but we were told to remain silent for a minute. Well, I guess that minute is up. But this is the most low down despicable thing the NTA has done to date. And I have to ask one simple question to all current members of the NTA........WHY do you support an organization whose leadership is so fricking crooked and turn a deaf ear to those who are exposing the filth. Doesn't the numerous board members who quit carry any weight with you at all? These were honest people who wanted to serve the MEMBERSHIP, but were derailed at every crossing. ALL have said, because the CRAINS will not let us do our job. Jobs that the membership elected these people to do. Jobs these people gave entirely of themselves to serve YOU, but couldn't because of this type of BS. They KNOW their little board meeting was illegal in every way, but WHO is gonna stop them? It's time folks. If all you are interested in is some kind of award, ribbon or fricking title, then say so, I'll mail you one inscribed exactly as you want it. But listen up membership, board and GREG CRAIN........this is the last straw. This has broke the camels back. JJ will be on here soon and he can elaborate more if he chooses, which I think he will......BUT Crain.......your war has just begun. And to the membership, it's time to stand behind our honest people who are trying to right the wrongs of the past, and board......what the **** are you thinking?

7. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Amazing stuff.

8. Yes this is it Crains, ANd the scum bags that go along with them. The membership is coming this time.
    JJ is an awesome guy and also all of the past board members that you made quit. Harry, Paul C, Fred, Brenda, etc etc all stand up people, 100 times the persons that you the Crains will ever be.
    We the members need to go to a board meeting , we need to group up and STOP these scums and Get OUR assocation back.
    Gregg Ielifeld

9. ITS TIME, For all the NTA members & SUPPLIERS to stand up to these Employees of the NTA.
    We have time to get together and do this. My thought here is we (anyone in the taxidermy field) should NOT attend the Convention. If no taxidermists are going then why would suppliers go. Lets stand together . But we will need help to let suppliers know what we want from them. This is big and it can not go on past this year.
    Crains you thought Harry was bad ,,,, LOL we ll now you are going to have a lot more of his friends and JJ freinds coming after your jobs.
    Gregg Ielfield

10. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Talk is cheap.
    Mckenzie is right here, all around us. Why not start by telling them? Or - even better - put some teeth in it.
    If they go to the NTA convention say that you will get your supplies elsewhere for the rest of the year. And then do it.

Also, just a thought ... class action lawsuit?

11. antlerman

Nancy, that is a GRAND idea..........Not really. Wrong approach. Right approach is for all of us to include McKenzie in our efforts in a none threatening way. Ask them to support our efforts... Ever hear that the medicine goes down better with a bit of sugar added? Threatening McKenzie will only serve to hamper our efforts, not strengthen them. Choose your battles wisely and engage properly.

12. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I think it is time to start contacting the supliers...... any organization that sends their sitting President to a distinguished function such as the SCI and then cancels his credit while he is in the air in hopes of stranding and embarrassing him is unconscionable.

An FYI also. John did his seminar promoting the NTA and taxidermists at the SCI show. I told him 'John, **** them, I would tell them to go to hell'.... John replied, 'Michael, this seminar is not about me or the NTA, it's about this industry and that comes first'.

So with his own money and love for this industry we call Taxidermy, John Janelli stayed and carried on like a professional while his executive director cowered in his house wondering why his plot to ruin a man had failed.

Yep Mr. Crain, time to get the supply companies involved since you and your accomplice (AKA wife) blamed them for me getting the membership letter, it's time to find out how responsible they feel for you using their money to commit illegal acts. It's fixing to get real fun ;)

13. Harry Whitehead

You guys are on the right track. It's best if a group of you get this going. Fred and I have a battle plan so while I will support your efforts I cannot spearhead that operation. Also, it will be better if all of you do it and show everyone that there is more people that feel the way we do than just Fred and I !!!! If you need information just ask. Lets make a stand! It makes me sick that people like the Crains are representing the taxidermy industry!!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. antlerman

We need a unified voice. That voice HAS to be the INDUSTRY as a whole. Two or three people who feel passionate about this are really not a loud enough of a voice. We need unity from all in the taxidermy field. Nonmembers as well as members, and the supply companies. Together we CAN make our voices heard.

15. Harry Whitehead

You're right Tim!!! You, gregg, John C, Nancy, everyone has to come together and demand support from the industry. Members, non members, supply companies, EVERYBODY!!!!! The Crains have to go along with these sorry board members!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. Working a job where I travel all the time, I can only imagine the feeling of finding out far from home that my company card with my name on it had been shut off. That is one of the most unconscionable acts that a person could commit. As a non member what can I do to help other than not join the organization?

17. antlerman

nocal...thats a start for now. We are waiting for JJ to return home and see what he wants us to do. I would guess that a consorted effort will be made to create a letter to be circulated to all state associations and supply companys and others asking for their support. What I would encourage you to do for now as well as all others reading this is notify your friends in the industry and ask everyone for their support, members as well as non members. But until JJ address's us, we are waiting just the same as you are.

18. You gotta be freakin' kidding!! :eek: I can't believe theyd do that when JJ was there to promote the NTA. Even though none of this SHOULD surprise any of us, I am utterly amazed at the audacity and arrogance of Greg Crain. He loves to embarrass and belittle people. He likes doing anything to make himself feel big and powerful and in control!! All of which I experience first hand when I, for 3 months or so, TRIED to be an NTA board member! What a joke, with all the threatening intimidation tactics, the good ol boys club, the Crain clique, etc, etc, etc...good people with good intentions don't stand a chance when 75% of the board is a part of one of the formentioned problems. So unless we ALL stick together and DEMAND their removal nothing will change. :mad:
    Though Fred and Harry have been givin' it one HECK of a try, more than most ever would.

19. Whether the amount budgeted is $500, or $50,000 is not the point. In front of the hotel staff and anyone standing there is NOT the place to air organization dirty laundry with a credit card stop! JJ was representing the NTA, such that it is, and it not only embarrassed him, but shows the NTA in a light of extreme unprofessionalism. Is this doing what is best for an organization? Does not sound like an organization I would want my name associated with at this time. It appears that I am not in the minority on that.

20. Ok if that $800. is the problem I will donate $100.of it.

This crap has to stop and stop now or the whole NTA is done for.

A simply reprimand would suffice.