1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WELL, THE NTA HAS HIT A NEW LOW!!!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Harry Whitehead, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Hmmm, I see "mr" Haynes has deleted almost all of his posts in this thread, I'm sure his ED didn't approve LOL

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

That's ok. I have every page copied. ;)

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Doesn't matter, I already screen shot and got them emailed.

4. antlerman

On top of things like always. Good Job MP.

5. antlerman

We received a letter today from Miss Lola Haynes and Family. Miss Lola Haynes at 90 years of age is beside herself. One thing in the letter that she is most upset about is that Fred , Harry and Michael P. are no longer a part of her organization and this has put a bit of fire in Miss Lola.
    She has been watching this thread also along with her 2 sons and daughter, and granddaughter. They too want things investigated and the truth brought out, corrections made if needed, apologizes said where warranted, and these three men reinstated. She went on to say that the NTA was formed for everyone and no-one without criminal reason should be barred from membership.

6. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

I assume Mrs. Lola Haynes is not related to Bill Haynes ? Seems she would be an excellent asset to have on your side..

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. antlerman

No, she is NOT related to Bill Haynes. LOL She even pointed that out in her letter. LOL

YES, the entire family is very much on the side of things being corrected where needed. She wants it all investigated and let the chips fall where they may. Miss Lola is not in the best of health. Her daughter writes that she is basically bed ridden now. I sure hope we can get this ship righted while she is still around to see it. Wouldn't that be nice. Reportedly, this has hampered her health as well..

If you only knew of some of the e-mail letters we have received in support, you would be astonished. But, we need more. Lots more. Be sure to get yourself added to the list by e-mailing Gregg Ielfeild. He's collecting them for us. Remember, our goal is to get this in the office of the Attorney General. To do that we need your support. So Please help if you would.

8. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

9. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

10. antlerman

I know it's early in the morning, but I just received a phone call from our friend Daniel Meng. Daniel was at the seminar given by John and Russel Knight. Said it went on for about 1 hour and 45 minutes and was very professional and informative with many in attendance. In the Convention Program, which we know was not printed the day of the show, it lists the NTA Seminar conducted by John Janelli, NTA PRESIDENT. It did not even list Russel Knights name, although Russel did in fact conduct the middle part of the seminar with John doing the Beginning and ending parts of the seminar with both men sharing equal time.

So, if this was not a planned event.......How in the hell did John's seminar get posted in the convention program?? And furthermore, wasn't we told that John went out to a seminar being given by someone else?? Again, lies. And I flat guarantee to you that it is not Daniel Meng who is telling the lies.

A picture of the actual program will be posted sometime today.

11. RTF

RTF Active Member

Antlerman, please educate me. Who is Miss Lola Haynes? Maybe I should know the answer since I have been with the NTA for over a decade. After spending about 3 days reading this thread, it has occurred to me that I have not renewed my 2013 membership to the NTA. I find as I get older my mind seems blow a blank from time to time. Anyhow I think I'm going to just cowboy keyboard right on over to the UTA website and see whats up. Who knows they may just get a new member today :)

12. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Everyone, the charges that are to be brought against John are all internal. That's Greg Crains way of letting you know that he doesn't agree with you or that you are getting ready to be kicked out!!! Remember, Fred and I had to come to the convention to answer to CHARGES concerning our membership. We were on the ten most wanted at the time so we didn't show up to answer to the CHARGES. Greg Crain ISN'T GOING TO TAKE ANYONE TO COURT!!!! That is the LAST place he wants to go!!!! WITH ANYBODY!!!!

13. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

If you've been told that Greg does just what the board orders him to- here's one for you. Back in 06 or so, after much discussion about the NTA not having a budget, the board ordered Greg to come up with a comprehensive budget by the next board meeting. He showed up with blank pieces of paper and asked if they want him to pull numbers out of the sky.

14. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Kim, I asked the same thing at my first Board meeting. He was saying that the NTA didn't have enough money to pay him and at the time I thought that was horrible not to pay an employee of the NTA. I was placed on the finance committee and during the meeting I asked for a profit loss statement of the convention and he looked at me like a sick cat and said that he didn't have a profit loss statement. He also said that he hopes that I work all of the problems out since "he would rather get a check than to write his own checks". IMMEDIATELY a red flag went up!! If Greg Crain is paid on commission and gets 20% of the NET, HOW IN THE WORLD CAN HE KNOW WHAT HE IS OWED IF HE DOESN'T HAVE A PROFIT LOSS STATEMENT!!!! Something smells like poop and it's not on my shoes!!!!

15. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Kinda like seeing a car wreck, you don't want to slow to see what happened but you do take you foot on and gas slow down and you do have a look. 8)

16. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Tim, first let me say that I personally believe that Daniel Meng is his generation's next Louis Paul Jonas. (No doubt Ray Hatfield must feel the same way too.) He has more respect for this industry than Pope Julius II had for the Sistine Chapel. Daniel's whole persona is so humble, sincere and refreshing that I envision he will soon have, if not already, a command of talent the likes of which we may never see again. If ever our profession was blessed with such a young individual who knows what he wants out of taxidermy and knows that his goals will require more patience than this high tech world of ours would allow any of us the luxury of, it is Daniel Meng. And I love him so much for it all.
    Clifftax, as for Ms. Lola Haynes; She is the very Mother of the NTA! The NTA officially started in the spring of 1972. Her sole passion is to make taxidermy available to everyone regardless of age, gender or physical capabilities. It was Lola and her late husband Charley Haynes who worked tirelessly to originate and promote the NTA and to establish it as the watchdog of the industry, the leader of innovations and the teacher of all there was to learn of being a taxidermist. Try to find a copy of The Complete Book of Taxidermy by Nadine H. Roberts (1979). In chapter 12, on page 301 is a complete historical sketch of the NTA in it's fledgling years. But I must warn you here and now, Ms. Lola has only one favorite NTA Son...he became a charter member at 15 and a tentative guest speaker for the first convention that he couldn't get to because of summer school. Today, Ms. Lola and her family remains to be among the closest advisers to her now all grown up boy; the current NTA president.

17. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

X2.... for Daniel Meng ! He scares me, To have that much talent at that age...I am proud to know him personally.
    I didn't have a place for him here or I would have hired him the first day I met him, and I'm glad Ray took him in. What a life this young man will have.

18. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Well said, pres. Yes, shes the best! I treasure the time she and I spoke via phone one day as she surprised me! I only wish I couldve heard her better, lol, darn phone! The real NTA as it was and what it originally stood for is near and dear to many of us.

19. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Bill nailed it. Miss Lola IS the NTA. I was blessed to have spent time with her and talk with her often enough to learn that she and Charley had envisioned the NTA since the mid 60's and fortunately for all of us, the got the help of Tim Kelly, the founder and publisher of The American Taxidermist magazine. Still, she's all to familiar with the backbiting and fighting within the industry. Once it became a fact, Charley was basically shoved out of the way so that some of the big wigs could take credit for their hard work.

I was truly blessed to have received a copy of the manuscript that Miss Lola was working on about the entire history of the NTA complete with photocopies all all the original documents and pictures .

BTW, of ALL the founding members of that first NTA meeting in Poplar Bluff, ALL OF THEM EXCEPT ONE have been awarded the Pioneer Award. That ONE person is Harry Paulson - one of the last living icons of our industry- because he made the mistake of calling some of the current regime out on decisions they made. Ignore that the Pioneer was awarded to the guy in charge of convention security and a priest, Harry Paulson remains a pariah to the "PAST PRESIDENTS" who vote on who is given the award.

20. Dan Gill

Dan Gill New Member

good morning George. thanks for the kind words. my point was just that, there are alot of hurt people saying alot of mean things. maybe that is the best way to accomplish things. i just dont see it. when 2 sides get soo heated, it only seams to get worse. although with enough mean mouthing, they did manage to call one member out. still doesnt appear to be any better. the points were brought out, everyone is united, now what?