1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WELL, THE NTA HAS HIT A NEW LOW!!!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Harry Whitehead, Jan 26, 2013.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Isn't Billy Haynes a Pioneer Award Winner? Let's stack his 'credentials' up against Harry's....... seriously, let's do that.

2. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    George, Harry Paulson was also the editor and publisher of American Taxidermist Magazine back in the mid 90's. He literally splashed the living vivid colors of the NTA on nearly every page of the magazine. His only political crime keeping him from the Pioneer Award was that he backed the wrong horse. This was taken from just one of Harry's editorials that actually supported every state association while endorsing the NTA:
    May - June 1995 vol.28, no. 6 (page 10)

"After being involved in education, insurance and a variety of functions while a director for the NTA, I have always believed in a National Association with members belonging from North, South, East and West. Let us join together to fight for our rights and keep our profession a reality for years to come. Become an NTA member."

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Mr. Gill...I'm sorry that I do not know you but in some way feel that perhaps I should. The answer that I can best give to you is this; For so long," mouth service" is all that seems to have been accomplished. People have lost momentum and given up. Good people I might add. This time momentum is on the side of "WE've had enough and we're not gonna take it anymore". This ordeal with JJ and the CC is too much. This event has declared war. It seems that the most logical answer is to get the Attorney General involved. If that office will take the case, it will save us much money and years of litigation. The AG office will be fast in their actions. In order to accomplish this we need many who will support the effort to have the NTA investigated from top to bottom. The AG office reacts to numbers of disgruntled people. One or two people have not much of a voice as has been proven already. There is an all out effort right now to get people involved. To get involved we need e-mail letters written and sent to Gregg Ielfield. He is collecting them for us all. Once a sufficient number is received, a form letter will be comprised. Signatures attached and forwarded to the AG office. Once received a phone call will be placed and hopefully we will be heard, and subsequent actions taken. Fred and Harry will be able to present their findings and we all will get answers. That IS the goal here. No more "lip service". We need action and collectively, I think we can make that happen.

4. michael p.

And on a personal, for once selfish note..... if he did receive it I would not even be allowed to see him get it. What great CRIME have I done Haynes and Crain that would allow you 2 individuals to carry on your vindictiveness?

You preach the gospel openly, but carry grudges accusing others of sin..... you get your attorney to lie about which sins I have carried out.

Look in the mirror, are you really 'above' me? Is that what your bible taught you?

5. RTF

RTF Active Member

Well then, I have been educated. Something I will never forget. ;D

6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

LOL Michael. TRUST ME, you don't want to go down that list of people and match any of them up with Harry. There's Greg Crain (and Cindy), Archie Phillips, and Frankie Thompson. Sadly, a man like Charles Strunk died before his widow received his award. Certainly not one of our finest hours. I would hope they aren't waiting for Harry to do that. I expect him to outlive them all.

7. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    No crime on you at all Mike. This one's on me now, literally. If anything, we still have Harry because of you.

8. I think at this point we all received the answers we are going to get which sure isn't much.

There are some intelligent men and woman on here (I'm not one of them :) that need to get the ball rolling in the right direction to move forward.

I feel we are going in the right direction, and we need to take the next step. I'm willing to help however I can, I have emailed my information I'm just not sure what the step would be, but just sitting on here and trying to get answers from the NTA is not going to happen anytime soon.

Antlerman, Mike P and others have gotten it started now lets all take it to the next level what ever that might be but what ever it is I'm in.

9. antlerman

Thank You Jim. Your support is very much appreciated and needed, as is everyone elses.

Michael.........if there is ever to become any justice in this whole NTA mess, certainly Harry Paulson will receive his much deserved Pioneer Award, and you sir will be there to participate in that moment, amongst other things where justice has been thrown by the wayside. There is much of the past that needs rectified for many people.

10. michael p.

How ironic, the NTA is trying to bring the Janelli's up on charges for buying a fax machine. A National Organization pissed because of the thought that their secretary had the audacity to spend $480 to fax information. A job by the way she is doing for free...... well I just walked 20 feet to the business next door to me and what was my little buddy doing? FAXING! From a fax machine! Come on Bill Haynes, take your Geritol and come back on here and explain what is wrong with the seceratary of the NATIONAL Taxidermist Association using medium cost range supplies. This charge is almost as dumb as my 'non renewal' ban.

Will the rest of the board PLEASE stand up to these 5..... PLEASE for the sake of Taxidermists everywhere don't make the NTA look stupid again..... please.

See, in the 21st century we don't use carrier pigeon anymore (no matter what they say in Louisiana)..... we use fax AND email.

Faxing Texas style!
    [​IMG]

11. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Im moving to texas!!!!!

12. Shawn Bakken

Shawn Bakken New Member

WOW!!!! She's a cutie....I'd "FAX" her!!!!!!

13. antlerman

Even I have a Fax machine, printer/copier. It is as important to business as your computer and telephone. I don't use it much, but I have it if I need it. I'm sure Carol uses hers quite frequently, which is by the way, property of the NTA.

14. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

Count me out as far as the NTA is concerned. I don't know any of you personally but the day you feel that organisation is free of the "clown posse" that's running it and good people are back in charge then and only then will think about joining. What a sad situation.

15. antlerman

Hi Tim,

Mom says okay to post. She wants people to know and understand that NTA was meant to be a family affair to bring people together and be able to include their children in a family oriented activity. This internecine war is tearing the family apart and it just isn't right. If one wants to see just what an internecine war can do, just look at the Middle East today at the trouble between the Arabian people and the Jewish people. That started as a problem between brothers, Abraham's sons. The United States own Civil War that was so destructive was also a war between brothers, but we, at least, did make up and move on as a family, even though after more than 150 years there is still some residual bad feelings between some parts of the country. Our hope is that we can help build (as the U.S.) and not tear down (as the Middle East).

We thank you, Gregg, all the others, and especially JJ for trying to help also.

Ruthie
    If guns kill people, then all mine are defective...

On Jan 30, 2013, at 4:45 PM, "Tim Thacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

Ruthie, I’m sorry about what is happening to your Father and Mother’s labor of love. Greeg e-mailed me this copy of your letter. You will se that I wanted him to get permission from you to post it, but as you can see he threw it back to me. So, I’m asking for your permission to post it. I think it is powerful coming from the NTA founders. What are your feelings about this. I will only do what you say is ok for me to do. Thank You Tim Thacker.

Let your mother she is in our prayers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:39 PM
    To: Tim Thacker
    Subject: Re: NTA

Drop them an e mail and ask them. I am on my way out the door at this time. I was thinking the same thing this am when I got it.

Gregg.

I can't belive what they are doing to JJ, They are F N NUTS>

To: [email protected]
    Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:21 PM
    Subject: RE: NTA

Gregg, IF you can get permission from the Haynes family to post this, I would, but only with their permission.

Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:56 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Cc: [email protected]
    Subject: Fw: NTA

Thought this would make your day John.

Gregg

we are getting a lot of e mailsbut need A LOT more.

----- Forwarded Message -----
    To: " [email protected] " < [email protected] >
    Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:02 AM
    Subject: NTA

Here are the names from the NTA's founder's family. Do you need addresses too for the AG? We very much want this settled one way or the other. We want a thorough investigation to clear up all this mess and return NTA to what Mom and Dad envisioned - a way to educate people in the art of taxidermy, help people earn a living, open the closed door shops, and promote wildlife conservation. So let the investigation begin. Let it be a fair and honest one and let the chips fall where they may. If it turns out the leadership is crooked, then dump them all and start over with a new bunch. If it turns out Fred, Harry, Brenda, Michelle, and all the others are wrong, then an apology is in order. We are not judging but waiting for an investigation.

Lola Haynes, Founder NTA, (wife Charlie Haynes, deceased)
    Mike Haynes, son
    Charlie Haynes, son
    Ruthie Haynes Carter, daughter
    Robin Hall, granddaughter

By the way...we are not related to Bill Haynes, current Board member.

Mom is soon to be 90 years old, bedfast, and is completely helpless. She must be lifted from her bed to her wheelchair. She is in such a dither over this that it is affecting her health. She says this MUST be cleared up. She is also quite adamant that NO ONE should EVER be banned from NTA for any reason except for criminal reasons such as murder, pedophilia, sexual or physical abuse and the like. But most definitely trying to bring light into a murky corner like Fred and Harry or delivering supplies like Mike did ARE NOT reasons for banishment. Those three men should be reinstated and listened to ASAP.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Ruthie :)
    If guns kill people, then all mine are defective...

16. antlerman

More for you all to read.

501(c)(3) Public Information
    By A.L. Kennedy, eHow ContributorThe Internal Revenue Service grants tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3) to a wide range of charities. Tax exemption under 501(c)(3) brings with it certain responsibilities. These include the responsibility to make certain tax-related documents available for public inspection. Each 501(c)(3) must allow the public to view its Form 1023, its three most recent Forms 990, 990-EZ, or 990-N, and its Form 990-T, if it has one.
    Types
    As of April 1987, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization must provide public access to its Form 1023 and all attachments filed with the IRS. The organization must also provide public access to its Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-N for each of the three most current tax years. The 990, 990-EZ, or 990-N provided for public viewing must include all supplements and attachments filed with the IRS. Finally, each organization must provide for public viewing any 990-T it has filed in the three most current tax years.Methods
    A tax-exempt organization may make its public information available in several different ways. The organization may post the information to its own website, or it may link visitors to a separate website that hosts its Form 1023 and 990s, such as Guidestar.org. The organization may also make the information available to persons who request it either in person or by writing. For in-person requests, the forms must be immediately available. For in-writing requests, the forms must be mailed within 30 days of when the organization receives the request. The organization may charge the cost of postage, along with a copying fee of up to $1.00 for the first page and $0.15 for each additional page.Exceptions
    A tax-exempt 501(c)(3) is not required to make certain information available to the public, even if it is included on the Form 1023 or 990s. Internal Revenue Code 6104(a)(1)(D) states that information can be withheld if it "relates to any trade secret, patent, process, style of work, or apparatus, of the organization, if [the Secretary of the IRS] determines that public disclosure of such information would adversely affect the organization." Information that "would adversely affect the national defense" does not need to be disclosed either. Finally, if the IRS determines the organization is being harassed, the organization does not need to disclose its Form 1023 or 990s.Penalties
    The penalty for failing to make an organization's Form 1023 and/or its 990s available to the public falls on the person who is directly responsible for maintaining the forms and making them available, not on the organization itself. The penalty is a monetary fine of $20 per day until the forms are made available, up to a maximum total fine of $10,000.Warning
    As of tax year 2009, no 501(c)(3) is exempt from filing a Form 990, regardless of the organization's size. Nonprofits with $25,000 or less in gross receipts must now file the Form 990-N, also known as the "e-Postcard." Organizations of any size that fail to file the appropriate version of Form 990 for three consecutive tax years will have their tax-exempt status automatically revoked without notice from the IRS.Resources
    Internal Revenue Service: Forms and Publications

17. antlerman

I now also have the pictures of the SCI Convention Program and a picture of JJ and Russell Knight preparing for their presentation. I don't know how to post them properly, so I forwarded them to Michael and he will post them shortly.

Just a note from me to all of you. We ain't playing this time.

18. Dan Gill

Dan Gill New Member

Antlerman, thank you for the explanation. simple, to the point, no name calling. you are focused on a mission. that is accomplishing more in my mind, than getting sidetracked with the search for new bad names. thank you, i hope to meet you someday, and visit. can the president call a vote ? unannounced ?

19. antlerman

Dan, at this point I'm going to say No. From what I read, the Pres has to give a 15 day notice to any and all meetings either Executive Session or Public Board, but I will defer to someone else if this is incorrect. I'm also lead to believe that the agenda is also to be announced prior to such meetings as well. However, I do believe a roll call vote can be taken during such meeting of Executive Session, and a show of hands vote in Open Session. Again, I defer to someone with greater knowledge on those matters.

20. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Dan, come on, enough of the name calling references already. This is a volatile topic, tempers flare, emotions are strong, and too many good people have been screwed over hard, to worry about calling someone an old coot, or describe a persons brain in a less than favorable way. It went both ways, and nobody got run off. Someone was instructed to cease and desist, no doubt, but thats about it.

Folks, lets stay on topic, without the condescending rhetoric, shall we?