1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WELL, THE NTA HAS HIT A NEW LOW!!!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Harry Whitehead, Jan 26, 2013.

1. quest

quest Member

Utah
    I don't know if I can help with all of this but if there is a way to show my support I will. I can also be like Rick and stay off to the side and watch it all unfold. I don't have Ax to grind here just would like to see this all resolved.

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

It was brought to my attention that the NTA is a 501(c)(6) organization and not a 501(c)(3).

Of course I had to make some phone calls and do some leg work, But basically what I found out is the only difference between the two is with the (3) appendage it is possible for a donor to receive a receipt for his charitable contributions to such and organization for his own tax purposes, whereas with a (6) appendage no receipt is necessary and your contributable donations are not tax deductible, and therefor no receipt is given.

That's about the gist of it. Otherwise all tax reporting and forms remain the same for either classification and all public record requirements remain the same.

So now the time has come for the records to become public. I will be working towards that resolve.

3. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Good luck Tim. Been there, done that. All they have to do is say that the records are here at Headquarters and we will let you see the records at our convenience. They will show you mommas biscuit recipe and there you have it!! Problem is, you'll die of hypothermia before it is convenient for them to look at the records. And you can't take anything with you. Call me and I can fill you in a little bit. Face it everyone, You will have to suit in court to get anywhere with this bunch...already been there...!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. Harry Whitehead

I'll tell you, at this point you all were hitting a home run by getting all the names you can get and then writing a letter that everyone signs and supports and sending it to the Attorney General. That, along with a suit will get some attention from the powers that be. There is a certain way that you have to approach this and we've already paid to know how how to do it.... It's coming!!!

5. antlerman

Harry, I know you are correct, BUT...by law there are two ways that the code says you can obtain the IRS records.

1) By mail whereas they have 30 days to send copies to you

or

2) by showing up in person and asking for them, whereas, they have to give them to you on the spot, THAT DAY.

Both ways are being carried out as we speak.

I do NOT expect them to co-operate. But deny me PLEASE.

6. Harry Whitehead

Ok, Tim. What did you request? You have to be very specific in your request. They can provide you with what they want and it don't amount to a hill of cat $hit! Been there, done that! Please listen to me. YOU HAVE TO GO TO COURT! It's the only way. They aren't going to give you ANYTHING that will incriminate themselves such as bank statements, profit loss statements, convention reports, NOTHING!! And all they will claim is that they are not good bookkeepers! We went the first time with good intent and Pat Patrick pulled a little stunt and placed a disclosure agreement on the info and killed the deal. Also the Crains stated that the info that they Gave up was the same info that they gave the IRS which didn't amount to nothing because nobody knew what they were looking at. Believe me EVERYONE!!!!! They have created a monster because now we KNOW what to do!!!! Like I said, it's coming!!!!

7. antlerman

Harry, we will talk tomorrow.

But to answer your question for now, the IRS provides two ways for a person to get 501c6 tax records. I stated that above. We will be asking for the last 5 years of tax papers. I know what your gonna say, that there's nothing there to see. I get that, and don't expect anything differently. However, there is a tax hotline that I plan to call if they deny sending me those records. If I do get those records, we have a starting point, per se. If they don't, I will be reporting them. Either way, this step has to be done. It is the proper step. If they refuse they could loose their statis. The AG will want to know how this transpires. YES, I know...we have to go to court. ABSOLUTELY! I will talk to you tomorrow.

8. Harry Whitehead

Tim, I'm proud that you guys are takin a stand and maybe all of this will work out. I don't want you all to think that I'm not with you because Fred and I definitely are with you 100%. With what you're doing and what we are doing we will get to the truth. Call tomorrow and let's see where it takes us.....I've got plenty of experience where you all are heading..!!!!

9. antlerman

Just everyone PLEASE remember, it's a chess game at this point, so to speak. A lot of it will take time to get played out. But there are several people working in different directions accomplishing different things. All friends of ours on here. It is a lot of work, but together we are getting it all done rather rapidly. We need you to do the same and send Gregg Ielfield your information. So far we have two state associations who are going to ask their membership to allow them to also join in our efforts. Thats BIG, and I am asking you to also contact your state association president and suggest the same. Together, we will get this done. They wanted state affiliation and we may just give it to them. Just not in the way they expected.

10. Here is all my contact info,
    text me your e mail at 315-286-5939
    email at [email protected]
    or pm me your e mail.
    Tell all your friends that are not on here to tx me or e mail. This is going to be big.

Gregg Ielfield

11. mimes

mimes Member

Info sent.

12. antlerman

By now almost every state association president has been contacted. Results are good. With the many state shows on the horizon, we think our support numbers will skyrocket once these shows take place and our information is distributed. There are many who do not visit this site, so we are not limiting ourselves to here. An information packet is being put together to be sent to all state associations. Just thought you would like to know.

13. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I want a "like" button.

14. antlerman

Just so you know......

There are some supply companies who are joining our efforts. Why? Because as is, what do they have to gain? However, if the NTA can return to an event that the masses wish to attend.....how much better for them in the future. We're gaining speed folks, we really are. Everyday more are joining us.

Thank You to all. We need each and every one of you.

15. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

It would seem that a bunch of keyboard cowboys are very capable of roping, throwing and tying something that turns out to have been nothing but a bunch of bull.

16. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

LMAO NICE WORD PLAY, Nancy. Damned if you haven't become cantankerous in your old age.

17. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

18. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

No, I've always been this way.