1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Cheap T-pins

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by DEERMEISTER, Jan 29, 2013.

1. I got a large supply of T-pins at least 20 years ago and used them over and over for a long time. Last year I had to buy some new ones. they are crap! Bend easily and the heads break off when you pull them out. cheap crap made who knows where. Wish I could find some of the good old ones. :'(

2. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    I bought boxes and boxes of them from WASCO, years ago, and I still have those 'good pins'! I clean them, and sometimes resharpen them with wet/dry every now and again. Glad I bought more then I needed! LOL! And no ... sorry ... I'm not selling any of them. Best to hold on to them, when you find good supplies! ;)

3. akmike

akmike Member

i went thru the samw thing with straight pins a while back found some good ones at prym dont know if they have t pins but maybe.

Attached Files:

4. jamesa

jamesa New Member

I used jkmribbon.com
    the only problem was that we didnt get them for almost 3 months the first time and the last we ordered we waited 6 months and finally had to file a complant with the BBB to get them to respond and send our money back
    I think they wer about 9 Dollars a box compared to almost 16 with some suppliers
    I 'm still looking for cheap suppliers myself so I will watch this post!

5. akmike

akmike Member

these straight pins aren't cheap they are good quality cheap never works!

6. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Precision Point Pins were the T-Pins sold through WASCO.
    [​IMG]
    Damn good pins, and the reason I'm never giving mine up! ;)

7. Matt

Matt Active Member

I agree, the newer ones are junk. They snap, break off at the head, and they are brand new! I have been searching for some good ones, but haven't found them yet. It would be nice to see some in stainless!

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

They sell those alot of places John, maybe I will give those a try. Those might be what my olds ones were, they lasted a long time.

9. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

Agreed, the newer pins SUCK!!!