1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pics of your dream buck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by skulley, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Hoping that I am not the only one that is anxiously awaiting the new antler growing period. Thought it might be fun to see what big bucks didn't get harvested this year. I will start with Brutus. He has managed to evade me for two years so far and I am hoping that he makes it through the winter. Hope y'all enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brutus is sweet!! My biggest on camera got killed but the next in line I hope made it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attached Files:

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

I killed my dream buck with a bow! However, I am always looking for another!

Attached Files:

4. minehill

minehill Member

What a stud Matt!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. deadstuff

deadstuff Member

Great buck Matt. My dream buck is a non-typical so nasty he can't be scored.

6. matt, that is one gnarly buck! This buck was coming in to my wife's set and we fought all summer long about this deer. I said no way, let him go and luckily he never came in while she was on stand.
    double eyeguards, double droptines and matching fliers on the g2s. this buck could possibly put on 20 inches this year. cant wait to see him again.

[​IMG]

7. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thanks guys. Wow, that is a brute and with double drops! I hope you get a chance at him next season, he should be even better!

8. Riverland

Riverland New Member

Matt he is very cool. When did you kill him and is it scored?

9. Dangitboy

Dangitboy Member

Matt that's one neat looking buck. I would like to know what he scored, and was it close to home or a road trip hunt?

10. Matt

Matt Active Member

He's 201", and I took him here in Ohio on a place that I have exclusive rights to bowhunt. The funny thing is I had to pass on him at 22 yds that day. I just didn't have a good shot and had to let him walk. Lucky for me a hot lady brought him back within 10yrds of my tree. I shot him and he didn't run off, just took a couple steps and looked around. I thought I missed until I could see the blood pouring out of his brisket. He dropped right there. I will never never forget that hunt, I sat with him until way after dark. Then reality hit and I had to call and tell someone!(LOL)

11. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Congrats Matt. Great buck!

12. not often that a guy gets to see a 200 class buck, let alone twice in one day and still harvest him. that's definitely a toad matt.

13. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Here's my dream buck. Killed him in 2008, just finished last night. Nice getting our own stuff done for a change, right Matt!

[​IMG]

14. He has an awesome hooker eyeguard for a muley. congrats on getting him.

15. Matt

Matt Active Member

Jared, that is a beautiful mulie! I would love to take a mulie like that someday. They are one of my favorite animals to hunt and work on. Congrats to you!!!

16. Matt

Matt Active Member

I have managed to take a few really nice wts since taking this one, but nothing close to this guy. I did have another one coming in daily, just couldn't get him to cooperate. He was killed later in the season by a good client of mine that has a lease close to where I took this one. I ended up mounting him and he went 206"!

17. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I'm jealous of both you guys. Great bucks. Congrats !