1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Catching rattlesnakes

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by mtbehm, Jan 29, 2013.

1. mtbehm

mtbehm New Member

I am looking to get a rattlesnake here in Nebraska for a mount to go with a striking bobcat I just completed. I was wondering how you guys go about catching them and where you typically find them at. I have read that freezing them is best to kill them so Ill carry a cooler along to put them in until I get to a freezer but first I need to find one to catch, any ideas from guys that have caught them in NE?

2. Just a five gallon bucket with a lid is fine, a cooler will take a lot longer to freeze the snake.

If you dont know how to catch a snake,stay away from it.

Now if you remember the snake bite can kill you, not just make yo sick but kill you, use a long hook and lift the snake into the bucket and put the lid on it.

The hook will let you pull the snake out in the open where you can see all of it.

3. Buddha14524

Buddha14524 New Member

you aint going to catch no rattler or any other kind of snake at this time of year. if you want I have a 31" for sale $30 shipped to your door.

4. mtbehm

mtbehm New Member

Yeah, I realize this. Just trying to plan in the offseason while I have time. Can't afford to buy one.

5. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I use the grabbers that you buy that are meant to pick up trash from the ground. The ones I got have rubber tips. I just squeeze enough to pick it up and then put it in a 5 gallon bucket.