1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

GGGGRRRR... Coyote snarl....

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by *, May 15, 2007.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

2. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Absolutely FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

3. *

Thought you'd like it Wolfwoman.......
    It's a little off right now but it's late and I quit.

4. Wolfwoman

Need reference???? I have a friend who's dog SMILES like that....lol If you need more pics I'd have to hurry and get them in the next couple days as she'll be gone for the summer.....Guess I need to teach my dog to do that!! LOL

5. *

I have a two year old Golden Retriever, his name is BOO, I do a lot of snarl mounts and he likes them, he will walk over to one and look at it , he turns around and we say," Make a ugly face BOO" and he will snarl or smile "Just Like This" LOL

6. Wolfwoman

WAY cool...lol No wonder you do such good canines...!! Gotta love it.

7. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

GGGGGRRRRR is right

8. *

Nah.... I won't
    It's really not worth the time.

9. moarcher

moarcher Madden Taxidermy

Totally awesome!!!!!!! Do you have any full size pics of it? Would love to see the whole thing!!

10. AndyB

AndyB New Member

very nice

11. *
    you did that mount the same way as you posted the wolf pics , modeling with the claywork? i like that way thanks for sharing now i just need to do one and see what happens.

12. Jan Van Hoesen

Jan Van Hoesen New Member

Your coyote snarl looks real good. I would have to question it a bit though. Wolves and dogs do the same sort or things like snarl and howl etc, but coyotes aren't as closely related and do things a little differently. Like coyotes don't really howl they yip by opening and closing their mouths constantly. They don't let go with the long mournful howl like the dog or wolf do. Also when it comes to agression or defense action, I've never seen my coyotes snarl with a closed mouth. They tend to open their mouth way up to show their foe all their teeth. They snarl with an open mouth. I'm not saying your way could never happen but from what I have seen with my coyotes they like doing thinks with a wide open mouth. Jan Van Hoesen

13. *

Jan, I'll agree with you, I do have a pic , it's old and I'd have to scan it, of two coyotes fighting, I mean a real fight, not just messing around and the one IS snarling clenched teeth and all.
    I agree it with you if it happens it's rare.
    It's your mannakin and I left teeth clenched because his head is so low, Just artistic license on my part.

14. BlackHawk

BlackHawk The Champion

WI
    WOW that's awsome. * were did you go to school?

15. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Nice work as always Dennis!
    Lots of expression in that one.
    Thanks for sharing.

Mike

16. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

looks cool.. there is no questioning the yote's mood, that is for sure..

17. *

ROFLMAO, school what's that,And thank you very much for the compliment
    Every here of the JC Elwood, Northwestern School of Taxidermy "Class of 69".
    I think my entire tuition was, what George, $12.00 and a stamp. I bet your was even less.
    I would say I went to the school of hard knocks.

18. Mrwhttail

Mrwhttail THIS IS WHY I LOVE BEING A DAD!

Nice! you should post the whole picture.

19. Frank from PA

Frank from PA Frank's other brother, Frank.

Dennis, that is amazingly unbelievable. What talent, fantastic work. Frank.

20. LTravis

LTravis New Member

As with anything in nature I`m sure animals can make several different poses but stopping them in time like we do is sometimes puzzling..Your work is always great as I`ve seen alot of your posts and pictures..and judging somebodies work through pictures is hard to do...it looks to me like the crease lines are a little too thick and to high..and the eyes look a little strange to me...I attached a picture of one I found on the internet...course as we already said freezing that special moment in time can come in many variances..I especially like the upper canines digging against the lower lip line...stuff like that is what brings out the realism...kewl stuff