1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Just Artwork

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by Wolfwoman, May 16, 2007.

1. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Ok let's get some more art posted and less 'other' on the art threads. There was more stuff than pics. Nina, BigSky, Skywalker, everyone else! Let's get more pics and less jabber :) :-\ ;)

Remember most of these drawings are more than 20+ years old, some older than that! Hence why you see some dirt and staining on them.

OK here's a better pic of the "Society" drawing I did many years ago. I should sit down and redo it and try and sell it. I'm sure there's more than one person out there that will get the meaning :p
    [​IMG]

Anyone ever read the "Dragonriders of Pern"? These are a couple drawings I did of what I thought the dragons looked like, one was from a paperback book cover. Prismacolor pencils Nina!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A friend's pinto stallion that I drew...geez, probably 30+ years ago. Charcoal pencil.
    [​IMG]

I was a horse nut, pretty much all I drew was horses....
    [​IMG]

This is probably the youngest, only about 15 years old... I think after this I didn't have a lot of time for drawing anymore and moved onto other things.
    [​IMG]

I DID NOT do this....LOL It's a poster I found many years ago of "me" or my handle.
    [​IMG]

2. Trina

Trina Guest

okey dokey... my raccoon sketch..
    [​IMG]

3. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

I will get more stuff up as soon as I make more lol.Nice pics everyone!

4. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Nice artwork. So many talented artists on the TaxiNet. Thanks! Here is a drawing I did on a door in my showroom. ;)

5. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

I am not a real good horse artist, but when I have to I can draw them well enough that they hopefully don't turn out looking like a moose or a giraffe. ;D Here is an example of a commission piece I did a few years ago.
    [​IMG]

Here is a pheasant print I have on the market that is hand colored with Prisma colored pencils. It can be had in black and white or color like this image below. However, the image scan is pretty poor compared to the real thing. I like Prisma colored pencils and being able to have the option of offering black and white or colored prints. Not many other art print mediums provide that.
    [​IMG]

6. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Very nice Big Sky!! ::)

7. tpolson88

tpolson88 New Member

8. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

I never said I "can't" draw horses I just said I'm not real good at them. Not real good compared to those that specialize in drawing and painting horses that is. I'd rather draw wildlife like this desert big horn. ;D
    [​IMG]

9. tpolson88

tpolson88 New Member

I think they all are excellent!

10. Nina Lukaszewicz

awesome work once again!

11. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

Red Stag, I meant to comment on that wood pecker you posted. That is a very pleasant drawing to look at, good job!

12. Wolfwoman

Really nice stuff to all, methinks I need to take mine off...lol

13. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Can I have them ???

14. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

Wolfwoman, methinks you are wrong. I love seeing everyone's artwork and what they are doing. Some of us have spent a lot of years trying to perfect our work and others have done it here and there as a hobby, but there is room for everyone. I have yet to meet an artist I couldn't learn something from. Aside from that, I envy everyone on this site that is pursuing taxidermy. It is an art in my opinion, and one that I haven't been involved with for over 20 years. I hope to get back into soon. Right now I'm working on a Master's Degree, but once it's complete I plan on learning taxidermy again. I really admire people like Nina, that are so young, yet have worked to develop so many talents. I'm thinking she will be fine in this cold-cruel-world, so to speak. Her, and several other young folks at this site definitely have the "stuff" to be successful in life.

15. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I tease yall with the "can I have it" crap, but my hat is off to each & everyone of you. You all have more talent in your little pinky than I have in my whole body when it comes to drawing!! Bigsky, that Desert Bighorn BLEW me away!!!!

16. Wolfwoman

Big Sky, I completely agree with you about Nina, she's got what it takes and I wished I'd done what she is doing now when I was her age.

I would love to do taxidermy myself, but I don't have the space or the time to devote to it as I should right now and I refuse to do it half-a$$ed.

I started drawing horses when I was knee-high to a grasshopper as they were my first love, I continued to draw until I was 25 or so here and there, but never took the serious time it takes to perfect it. I didn't learn all the techniques and what I know I learned on my own - to this day. I now outlet my artistic abilities in things like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I consider my photography and my sewing artwork too :)

17. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

Wolfwoman, hey now, that's pretty cool. Love the photograph. You should consider your sewing and photography artwork. Heck, I can't even sew a button on my shirt let alone make a hat or mittens.

18. Nina Lukaszewicz

Wolfwoman, great photo. Photography definitely is an art.

19. kycooner

kycooner Set'em Up Josie

this was done by a lady friend of ours,painted on a stone she found 1 day on our farm,she also does great wildlife and native american art on gourds. just thought i would share

20. Gina

Gina New Member

Big Sky your talent is astounding!!

Here is one that i just finished today, gotta go clean the brushes...Acrylic on canvas....This one is going to TERF....

[​IMG]