1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mammals of the Month - February 2013

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by code6202, Feb 1, 2013.

1. double shovel

double shovel SilverWillowTaxidermy

Woodchuck

[​IMG]

2. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Awesome mounts guys !

Attached Files:

3. Samson

Samson New Member

wrapped body on this one.
    Crossfox that was a wallhanger before.
    ;D
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

4. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

Justin I love that! What head form was that

6. Nice work all!

AND WOW, Justin, That coyote is superb! What a showdown expression!

7. Dave@

Dave@ Active Member

Nice stuff, lots of different critters.
    Im deep in cats for a while.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Thanks Kari, that form is from Coombs.
    Corner mount half bear. Finally coming out of the tanning fog and getting to being a taxidermist again...
    [​IMG]

9. WildNatureLuver

WildNatureLuver New Member

Justin P. your work is a inspiration to all wildlife artist , absolutely amazing , you are a gifted artist .

10. Justin's animals always have that soft live look to them and it comes from correct hair placement and stacking skin. I strugle to get that most times. Beautiful Justin!

11. finally done

Attached Files:

12. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Nice, Hard to pull off and see both cats easily, this will be a good walk-around.
    I like it... but does it detach?
    Would like to know your pin placement on this one if it does.

I see you collect hornets nests, me to have about 6 of them in and around the shop here ;D

13. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Justin, Mossyback- looks great guys. Nice job!

14. It is pinned with square stock. I had the machine shop cut down a square stock and cut a groove in it to match the inside seem of the recieving stock. I needed a stronger tubing to make sure we had no issues of flexing is why the square stock was milled. Square stock sticks up about 8" past the habitat and the square tubing stick out of the foot by 8" to give extra strength. It's steel all the way down to the base. Yes you really need to walk all around it to grasp the motion. I know it's not a realistic pose of two lions fighting but it's what the client wanted. So who am I to argue with his pocket book.

15. Silverose01

Awesome cats! :)

And Dennis, is there any laws on removing hornets nests? There's a huge one right out near us that we were just going to cut down.

16. a little closer on the habitat but still need better pictures. Each of the loose rocks are casted individually.

The laws on removing hornets nest are,
    Be smart about what your doing. Alwasys have a second set of hands ready to help. Bag first, then cut the limb. I have 4 in the shop and each one has a funny story about how they got there and how many times the idiot got stung and bitten. All four of them are from Bald Faced Hornets. Those bastards will chase you through the woods until one of them gets a piece of your flesh.

Attached Files:

17. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Got it, love the tension on the back foot, but I want to know if the cats come apart?
    I see where I would have them attached, wondering if I'm seeing what you used.
    DENNIS

Rules for getting hornets nest

Supply the bags to your friends and clients that work for the power company and tree service with their own bucket trucks.
    Thank them dearly when they drop them off... ;D ;D ;D ;D

18. Sorry Dennis. They do come apart. each paw has all thread sticking out 3". The recieving end had double stacked piece of plywood with a hole in the middle glued and foamed into the other cat for the all thread to go in. To hold them securely I also used a 3 1/2" screw that goes through the paw and also into the recieving block.

19. Silverose01

Haha thanks,
    Would it be easier to get it down during this cold? It's on a little crab apple tree but is pretty large. No one in the neighborhood ever thought to take it down

20. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Why would you say that? ;)
    [​IMG]