1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

PRO-1 Performance Chemicals

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by pro1performancechemicals, Feb 1, 2013.

1. PRO-1 Performance Chemicals 2013 Show Schedule & New Product Additions featured on company web site @ www.pro1performancechemicals.com

2. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

By far the best damn hide paste I have ever used. I just wish we could get it in 5 gallon buckets.LOL

3. GWebb

GWebb Well-Known Member

It is some good stuff!!

4. dartondude

dartondude New Member

check out the web site jasonb

5. I would like to see these products at our Indiana show.

6. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

It is the best. I have used it on the last 3 deer, and it is hands down the best glue I have used so for. Thanks Billy Robinson for talking me in to buying some.

7. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

You should try some of the Pro 1 leather tanning concentrate. It is a synthetic tan and It works great just like the Hide paste!!! Paul talked with me last year about trying it I had always used TX77 and that was and is a good tan but Paul was telling me how this tan would be in liquid form so I got a gallon to try while he was developing it to see what I thought. Hands down it is so much easier to use that most submersible tans I had tried before!!! I have tanned over 100 pieces now with his tan and get great stretch and less shrinkage, compared to some of the others I have tried.

8. Great products! Paul knows his stuff! :)

9. That is the best hide paste I have used up to now, thanks to a friend

10. I could not find a show schedule on the website, is there one?

11. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Yes its on there, I think it was OTA,WTC,WV,PA,

12. What's the shelf life on this stuff?

13. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

I don't know we go through 5 gallons every 3 to 4 months. I got my boss sold on it when I put an african lion together that would not hold a stich anywhere so with Pro-1 and about a million pins I got it mounted and the skin never moved or pulled. It is all we use on every face and detail areas and the only time that I have to card is when using dextrine.

14. It is in the customer gallery section John

15. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

This may sound like a dumb question, but what color is it? (the hide paste)
    I may be working with some very thin, semi-transparent skins, and it will almost certainly show through.

16. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Nancy,

In the buckets its white with a tiny tint of yellow to it... but kind of translucent.. dries like a hard rubber whitish/clear..... Only stuff I use..

17. The Best !

18. Ed

Ed Member

Has anyone who mounts green capes with dry preservatives used this hide paste with good results?

19. It doesn't work on dry preserve. It will work on any tanned skin.

20. jbgcmg

jbgcmg New Member

Wonderful product line ! Once I started using Pro 1 Iwas sold ! It is also a wonderful thing that Paul takes the time to answer questions either by phone or email. I also love the guides that he has written up. THX Paul.