1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ February Groundhog Day Addition 2013!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ February Groundhog Day Addition 2013!!!!!!!!

Happy Ground Hog Day and a warm welcome from Hinsdale New Hampshire!!!! So 6 more weeks of winter so I have been told! 39% accuracy isn’t that great if you ask me unless you’re a baseball player. In New Hampshire we have the home of the Old Farmers Almanac and they say winter ends March 20 every year? LOL!

I sure try not to throw in shameless plugs but this one will benefit you very much ( I hope)! In addition to posting your incredible fish work here as you do each and every month on the good old T- net you can also post them on the Anglers Artistry Site as there is a Fish Photo contest going on with prizes and hats and balloon’s! (Well no hats or balloon’s but prizes for sure!) I’m even giving away a free brand new Silent Aire Compressor! If you are interest and only if you are interested join in! http://www.anglersartistry.com/store/index.php?main_page=page&id=14&chapter=1

I’ll be seeing some of you at the Indiana Taxidermy convention the weekend of February 15th! Hope to see you there!

It is good to hear from our old friend Dennis AKA “Den007” Murawska! As you all know by now Dennis and his family suffered a great fire and the loss of every thing! I think a lot of great folks who could reached out and helped! That is the beauty of our community and the testimony of the true artist one who has the courage to create! You helped and or prayed or thought kindly and this is creation in the purest sense of the word! As artist we share from our passions and make efforts that most could not so a gift is never wasted when it is shared! Thank you for being good family to one another!

Over 10,00 views last month this is the 5 times in the past 10 months very cool!

I absolutely once again want to commend all of you, as there are so many original contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from over 5 years! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin some where and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show there work with out criticism and hard comments! So lets remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get to involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in Fish pictures this past last month as I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of February with a few workshop folks who came to see me last month. The first gentleman is very special to all of us as Mr. Jeff Steely of New England services our country in a very special way! Jeff is also one of our original students from the early 1990’s. Jeff worked on completing the a NE state record Brown trout Skin mount!
    Another New Englander and a great fish taxidermist Mr. Tom Lyons from NH worked on a Beautiful Snook and a Skin mounted Large mouth Bass! Last but not least from S. New England Via the constitution State of CT Mr. Todd Szymaszek did up a huge Strip Bass reproduction!
    I hope you enjoy this fish work by our friend and fellow fishheads Jeff, Tom and Todd!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month! See you in March 2013!!

So here we go and here is to a great February and a great Month in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Mr. Jeff Steelys Brown Trout!!!

[​IMG]

Mr. Tom Lyons Snook!!!

[​IMG]

Mr. Todd Szymaszek Big Striped Bass!

[​IMG]

Be safe and have a great month and 2013!
    Here’s to a great Month in Fish Pictures!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 CHESTERFIELD ROAD
    Hinsdale NH 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com/store/

2. Nice workshop work. I want go to NH, but long distance from my home :'(
    My last work - 3" mini replica SEKAVEC

Attached Files:

3. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Thanks for all your contributions and deals Mr. Krane.
    Great work, luv the snook.

[​IMG]

4. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

It's been a while since I posted a fish. Been so busy with deer heads lately. I really want to thank everyone for posting such amazing work as this thread is what keeps me in touch with the whole reason I got into taxidermy, "FISH" . Hope we have another amazing month and it already looks to be a good start. Really liking that gill Timjo. Here's an Arp repro to help get the month started.
    Best, Steve

Attached Files:

5. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Attached Files:

6. Ken 2

Ken 2 Member

Fishland Dan, did you use some of your whiskers to recreate whiskers on your mount? Beautiful job. Timjo, how about a side shot. Beautirul bass Steven.

7. Nice work guys. I love your panfish Timjo. That gill looks like he is coming right up my ice hole.

8. I do not have blonde whiskers, was needed cut my big paint brush. Thanks for inspiration for creating whiskers for dark fish species ;)

9. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    This is the best I can do Ken 2.........
    [​IMG]
    Somewhat of a pale looking Bluegill caught though the ice.

10. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Timjo and Steven K.- nice to see you guys back posting some outstanding fish once again :)
    Impressive work by all so far ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Matt

Matt Active Member

Not sure if I posted this one here, but here's an arp walleye. I have alot more repos to do if I can get away from the wts for awhile!(LOL)

Attached Files:

12. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Two european perches from me... :p

Attached Files:

13. Tis the season - nice Crappie on Ice Fish Scenic Wall Plaque

[​IMG]

14. 12lb Northern. Skin mount. Really wierd coloration on this one. It was almost jet black on the back and gold on the sides.

Attached Files:

• p5.JPG
      p5.JPG
      File size:
      85.4 KB
      Views:
  15. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    This is my favorite thread, thank you comrades.

Talk about someone who knows what they're doing, Sir Angling Artisan, Holy trout :eek: nice work!

[​IMG]
    Jimmy Warren blank

16. Jason R

Jason R Ph# 325-282-2527

Great looking fish everyone!!!!

17. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Off to a great start

18. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Angling artisans blank, great to work with ! great work so far once again !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    john

19. ausfish

ausfish Member

Hi all great work again.A small mako i mold and cast.

Attached Files:

20. Ken 2

Ken 2 Member

Obama, no amnesty for these Florida illegals.A few crappie skin mounts from 2003.

Attached Files: