1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ February Groundhog Day Addition 2013!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 2, 2013.

1. pretty cool stuff you work with Sarmite

2. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Atlantic salmon,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

NICE ONE JE!
    Your mold?
    LOOKS GREAT! ;)

4. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Real nice salmon JE!!!

5. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

I'm definitely not a fish geek, but damn you boys do some good work. Hats off to all of you.

6. I always like this monthly thread. The work is amazing. Something else I like is seeing the different fish from different parts of the world. If I counted right, there are 7 different countries represented in this thread.

7. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Love the Work guys :) thanks for posting

8. X2.
    Great work!

9. Sarmite

Sarmite Active Member

LV
    Small restoration work - Payara ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Sarmite,
    Very nice restoration of the Payara! I am glad they don't have those in Lake Erie...LOL

I just finished molding a great specimen, (Thank you Cecil Baird !), of a 10 1/4"L. x 10 1/2"G., 1 lb. 3 oz. Male Bluegill.
    So I thought I would post the blank and then the painted Replica... ;)

Attached Files:

11. Here is the finished Replica...Male Spawning color.

Attached Files:

12. urmrk402

urmrk402 Member

Replica largemouth painted using Rick Kranes DVD on painting a LM replica. I like using the charcoal on the spot patterns, and the scale details using cosmetics, powders, and different tools other than an airbrush. thanks again Mr Krane.

[​IMG]

13. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Lake Ontario Brown trout skin mount.

[​IMG]

14. Jason R

Jason R Ph# 325-282-2527

That's some really nice work everyone!!!!

15. 20" rainbow

Attached Files:

16. cast head and fins

Attached Files:

17. Huntman

Huntman Guest

Spot on Paul C and JE!!!!...very nice..PC what brush are you using for your tipping? Also JE tipping medium and brush from both of you killer artists...Thanks

18. JE

JE Well-Known Member

One more from me this month, an Envision Studios (fishermans tale) blank.NP9 I think it was. As usual a great bank to work with. I did not have any of Jeffs eyes in the right size and had to use a couple of unpainted glass eyes on this one, as usual with my pics the scale tipping just doesn't appear !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Gründling

Gründling New Member

Excellent pike JE

20. Paul C

Paul C New Member

I use several brushes Huntman. It depends largely on what kind of scales I'm tipping and their actual size.
    I like a # 1 and #0 Filbert, a #1 and #0 Round and I have a "custom" one that I made with some "creative cutting". ;D
    I like to tip with a mix of dry powders and powders mixed with Liquitex Blending Medium.