1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Buying supplies at state shows

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by danalley1, Feb 3, 2013.

1. danalley1

danalley1 New Member

Despite being a complete beginner, i opted to join my state association (Ohio) this year to attend the show as an observer/spectator and see what it's all about. I'm Looking forward to the experience and opportunity to learn while i'm there.
    I've ordered a few things from Mckenzie's supply and was considering another order, but wondered if the vendors at the shows offer a wide variety of supplies/tools etc. at the shows or do they have a limited availability?

For example, my current "wish list"--- stout ruffer, hide paste, stop rot, form, ear liners/butts, eyes, critter clay, apoxy sculpt and want to look at some fleshing machines....

Do they offer all this and more at the shows? It'd be nice to avoid the shipping if possbile! thanks

2. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

3. miker

miker Member

OHIO
    A lot of times you can buy things from them the week before and they will bring them to the show for you. Saves on shipping

4. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

Find out what vendors are there, and order everything you need from them prior. Pick your order up at the show and they will give you the show discount and save freight.

5. buck

buck Member

everything you mentioned will be there Have fun go willing to learn at seminars wish I could make it health issues

6. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

How can you say that with such certainty? I've been to shows that didn't have everything he listed.

7. danalley1

danalley1 New Member

A pre-order and pick up at the show sounds like a great idea! I especially like the sound of a show discount! I'll check the OTA website for a complete list of vendors. I've ordered from McKenzie and have seen a lot of recommendations for van dykes. Aren't they pretty much exact on prices? I checked Ohio Taxidermy Supply since they are more local, but they didn't seem to have much selection?

8. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

Every show I've attended had all the items listed and then some.

9. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Some suppliers ship the supplies they are bringing ahead of time. I'm not sure they will pay to ship everyones orders to the show for pick-up. Some that drive may have room and bring items along though.