1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bear hunts

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by minehill, Feb 3, 2013.

1. minehill

minehill Member

Anyone know of any good places to black bear hunt that reasonably priced..I've been looking into some bow hunts in Ontario..thanks for any help

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. danielemt

danielemt New Member

I'm going on a spring black bear hunt in may to Ontario. $800!! Covers the guide all baited stands lodging and boat. You just need food!!! Not sure if he is still looking for hunters but can find out.

3. I didn't think they had a spring season in Ontario. Spring season in Quebec and fall season in Ontario unless things have changed.

4. danielemt

danielemt New Member

My bad!! Just looked it is Quebec!!! Sorry

5. davehyer

davehyer Active Member

Often times you get what you pay for, i have been on cheap hunts and not so cheap hunts, the main thing is ask for references and then check them.
    Paul laney guide service in Maine has a good bear hunt, you can hunt with hounds or over bait.
    You can find him on the internet.

6. Might check this guy out, know him really well and we have some pretty great bear hunting around these parts!!!

http://southernoregonblacktails.com/index.html

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. danielemt

danielemt New Member

This guide also does elk hunts in Colorado. Several of my family member and friends went there with him. Of course there is never a guarenttee on hunts but this bear hunt is pretty a guarenttee. I no other people that went with him on the bear hunt and all got bear.

8. I been with a gentleman out of Maine he's a great guide he leases private land only takes a few hunters ..
    He's a straight shooter no B.S.

www.sunsetridgeoutfitters.com

Be there three times for bear awesome state. And great smallmouth and trout fishing too!

All the best -CT

9. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

I have over 1000 square miles of exclusive bears area. Been running hunts for over 15 years. I will find a few pictures I posted recently of bears on my area.

PB

10. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

still alive and well

Attached Files:

11. JohnB

JohnB Member

Might want to look into Sask or Alberta as well. I do some work for an outfitter in the northern part of Alberta and he kills some big bears every year.

Good luck

12. Check out Bob Bearman in Nipigon Ontario . There is a group of guys locally that have hunted with him for the last 10 or 15 years with high success . Last time I hunted with him he was very reasonable . Alot of big bears if you hold out .

13. Morel Man

Morel Man New Member

I have a neighbor that owns a hunting and fishing lodge at Lake Windemere in Chapleau, Ontario. It's called Happy Day Lodge - happydaylodge.com He has TONS of bear. When we went up fishing a few years ago they had 100% success rate hunting over baited stands. They also have quite a few color phase bear from Cinnamon to chocolate in the area.

14. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

sending pm

15. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

I took the cheaper route the first time in Ontario and got just what i paid for. The second time paid a fair price and went to Saskatchewan shot a 300 lb bear with my bow had a blast and came home completely satisfied with some bonus pike fishing thrown in.