1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

whitetail reference?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by mtbehm, Feb 4, 2013.

1. mtbehm

mtbehm New Member

Just did my first deer and am wondering if it is easier for you guys to look at reference pics on a computer or if an actual printed picture makes it easier to compare?

2. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

I have a ton of printed pictures in photo album but I use the computer quite a bit. So I say both of them.

3. mtbehm

mtbehm New Member

It seems like the computer is nice being able to look up endless amounts of pics but I feel it would be nice to be able to hold a printed pic right next to the mount and compare rather than having to look back and forth from the computer. Do you feel the same?

4. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

Most definitely, especially when I set eyes.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

It would be better if you stood in a deer pen, but you can't always be there when you want to, so photos are the next best thing.

6. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Both, when I see a good reference pic I save it to my comp and print it so I can hold it up to my mount and compare side by side.

7. I save pics to my iPad. Then I can hold it up next to the mount, scroll through hundreds of pics to the one I need most, and enlarge the detail with a flick of the fingers. Best of both worlds

8. mtbehm

mtbehm New Member

Genius, if only I had one!

9. mark73

mark73 New Member

What is a good website to view whitetails close up like a reference?

10. mtbehm

mtbehm New Member

there is a section called deer and game heads, right below that is a section called deer and gamehead photos, tons of good pics there.