1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird of the week #3/2013

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by jevic035, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Adam Edwards

Adam Edwards Member

Utah
    Great looking birds guys. Just finished this one this morning

[​IMG]

2. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Hi together,
    Jerome of course you have to do everything your customer wants when you are working as a full time taxidermist and if someone does such a good work in every category like you, it is a pleasure , when you share it with us.
    Tom, your pintail is fantastic, I think, you have to do only a little bit finishing.
    Adam, your mallard on that base is really lifelike, it looks great.
    All fantastic, smooth and clean mounts, like to see more,

Rainer.

3. capreolus

capreolus New Member

Really nice birds J and Hula, that black grouse looks great..
    some more or less finished birds from me...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Samson

Samson New Member

wow, beautiful Waxwing and Woodcock! the black grouse is also outstanding.

from me just another European Jay ;D with a acorn in its beak.

Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

5. Tom M that is one beautiful pintail!!!! Here is my first suspended duck. I was having some balancing issues and decided to insert fishing sinkers into tje manikin to compensate for the weight of the artificial head. Worked great.

Attached Files:

6. JohnB

JohnB Member

Great work everyone.

Attached Files:

7. wow those owls are nice

8. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Hi folks,
    fantastic work so far.
    Matthias, great job like every time, love the pedestal of the waxwing
    Karin, pretty flying jay,
    rvandonsler, cannot see so much of your mallard, try a bigger picture,
    JohnB, nice snowy but keep your eyes on the proportions,

Rainer.

9. JBird

JBird Member

I have to appologize for not participating more this last week or so - its been particularly nuts for me but I hope that things settle down more and allow for me to do more of the things I enjoy - like reading and posting on this thread. A bit of a slow start - but with some really wonderful things - LOVE the barn owl, black grouse, REALLY REALLY love the waxwing - great mallard (down stroke flying bird is so hard to do well - great job on the pintail - looks like he's really cookin) keep em coming - a little ray of sunshine to see this thread in an otherwise overcast day for me ;D Hope to have some images to post soon - Everyone have a great weekend - lets make next week a real record breaker ???

Jeff

10. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Nice , nice work! I must say I am partial to the waxwing though. My favorite little guy. We get them in the summer when the wild grapes and red twig dogwoods ripen. Beautiful little birds. I am so glad there are taxidermist s out there who get to mount the exotic and protected species and then share them here. Thank you!
    Jim

11. alexm

alexm New Member

Snowy that thing is so ugly item cute and as said great all around taxi work
    A

12. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Wow Alex

Thanks Sir , but you are the number one alround taxidermis huh , and how come we dont see your work here latly

Cheers J

13. Tom M.

Tom M. Member

I love the waxwing and stork. Nice mallards, and owls. They all look great.
    [​IMG]

14. I still have to paint the feet on these two, but tape was just removed. The rebel EOS took some wonderful pictures, but they take so long to convert the images to the size that this website accepts, that the cell phone turned out to be the easiest option. My first time posting pictures. Long time lurker who loves the work that many of you people put out! Very inspiring to see what levels people are at, and I only hope to reach the level some of you are at!

Attached Files:

15. RACE98

RACE98 BRINGING YOUR MEMORIES TO LIFE

woody

tx
    yvonne

Attached Files:

• wd1s.JPG
      wd1s.JPG
      File size:
      89.9 KB
      Views: