1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

*Update* Mounts from Scott Olson (Lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by eorlando, Feb 8, 2013.

1. FowlMouthHunter

FowlMouthHunter New Member

In the original post Eorlando stated that he tried to contact him through this site and through Rhonda. Fact his he shouldn't have to do either. It is Scott's responsibility to forward his customers a new phone number and/or email address to contact. Not the customer's responsibility, not Rhonda's, not anyone else on this forum. Telling someone to contact his friends or family or whoever these people are is ridiculous. Stop making excuses for the unprofessionalism that this taxidermist exhibits. I can only assume that anyone defending his actions carries themselves and there taxidermy business in the same fashion. Well done...

Post this on a hunting forum and you will get a much different set of reactions.

Like I said earlier, I can understand taxi's not bashing other taxi's, but this is crazy.

2. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

"Post this on a hunting forum and you will get a much different set of reactions. "

...of course it would, what would you expect. And like you said, he tried other ways, and knew Scott hadnt been here in months. And like I said, so what good would this thread do? What good did this thread do? Also, I can assure you that those who defended Scott do some very good work in our field. You can come here with your opinion, but in order to debate, you have to see everything, not just what you choose to pigeonhole, and defend eorlando, as some of these guys did Scott.

If someone has comments to help resolve this, feel free to add it here. To those who wish to just continue to beat the proverbial dead horse...dont. Itll be removed.

3. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

Playing devil's advocate, perhaps the thread is intended to advise others of his dealings with this wholesaler. That being said, the thread should be in "Buyers and Sellers". That entire category was started for threads just like this one.

4. ryanolson72

ryanolson72 Active Member

hmmmm fowlmouth, 2 posts. thats interesting?

5. FowlMouthHunter

Is that a question? If so, I'm not sure how to answer.

6. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

Hey, we are all human. We have good days, and we have bad days. We have bad hair days and we have bad duck mounting days. Every once in a while I'll complete a fish mount and wonder why I just didn't start it over when I had a chance. Every duck I do isn't perfect. Just sayin!

7. Bill Yox

Ryan, no, he was upfront in his first post and said he was fairly new here but just read and didnt post. I think hes been here since August or September. He was honest.

8. alexm

alexm New Member

When so we start posting about the customers that made us wait to get paid or said they were coming and didn't LOL

9. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

right Alex....I'm sure there are more "deadbeat" customers than taxidermists out there...

10. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

I don't care who you are...From the very top all the way down...Somewhere along the line you are going to piss off a customer or mess up a mount in some way. From what I know of Scott, he seems like a good guy and who knows, maybe he didn't even mount these birds. They could be from an employee or another wholesaler. I've seen his birds on facebook and they don't look like these birds at all.

With that being said. No matter how you break it down, it appears that he dropped the ball on this one.

In my opinion the client has been respectful and was just looking for honest answers.

I could tell by the picture of those JANUARY wigeons, they couldn't have been that pinny...They look pretty prime.

As far as those Gadwalls go. If Scott did mount those birds, not his best effort. But, hey we've all been there...Or you will if you haven't. We do all have bad days as MT said.

I would say the same about my work. Hell, I just botched a King.

11. eorlando

eorlando New Member

Thanks for your honest comments, they are appreciated.

12. Bill Yox

And I just got another PM about this. Look guys, regardless of what you say, I didnt justify the work as ok, nor did I critique it as poor or otherwise. Others did, just not me. I didnt comment on the work, just that I dont like seeing how these posts play out. Yes, Scott shouldve made himself available. Period.

Lets hope it gets resolved somehow, for the good of either side. Someone just told me it makes us all look bad as taxidermists...sorry, not me it doesnt. And thats why...no comment!

13. jessebucholtz

jessebucholtz New Member

Lol I am always amazed by people and how they act. Case in point while this guy is obviously trying to ruin this taxidermists reputation he in return shows the moral compass of a 2 year old! In fact I think my 2 year old would even know that original post was beyond wrong! As a guy just starting out and someone who has had a lot of mounts done by many different taxidermists, I have paid for bad mounts before, and guess what I simply didn't go back to them, but to call out someone on a public forum in that way is simply a horrible display of character. No matter what you say I don't know the guy from Adam but I have a strong opinion of you now and well him I may still take a bird to you, let's just say people like you and me we just don't mesh we'll!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. pinoak

pinoak New Member

Please, the work stinks. It leaves me questioning if many of the taxidermist here know what quality work is. I encourage anyone who views this thread to take note of those making excuses for the poor work and do not ever use them.

15. Dat dare is sum funny chit. Maybe you should do a little research on some of the folks who replied on this thread. ::)

16. FowlMouthHunter

Starting this thread may not have been the best way to go about things, but it seems like the taxidermist in question didn't give him many options. You say Eorlando is trying to ruin Scott's reputation. I ask you, isn't Scott ruining is own reputation? Right or wrong, Eorlando just brought his actions out for all to see. Again I'm just arguing the other side...

17. finfeathr

finfeathr Member

OK, I'll chime in....In the original post about the wigeons you were unhappy with, you stated that it cost you $360 shipping included. The taxidermist mounts 2 more birds for you for no charge, and eats the shipping as well....That means you have gotten 4 mounts for $360, or $90 per bird. What else do you want from the guy? If you were unhappy with the first birds, you should not have sent him another 2, you should have respectfully declined, learned from the experience, and sent them to Shane or Todd. Of course, they aren't going to mount birds for $90 and eat the shipping too.
    You got more than you paid for...move on to another taxidermist.

18. jessebucholtz

jessebucholtz New Member

See this guy and I would mesh much better! This comment poses common sense and dignity which is apparently lacking with some others!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

19. finfeathr

finfeathr Member

and then the op posted his tale of woe on the duck refuge site, and proceeded to bash taxinet because we were "circling the wagons" and protecting the taxidermist, according to him.

20. Bill Yox

Oh well, let him bitch over there, so we dont have to hear it here.